Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hi:New to the forum Looking around at getting a new tractor my old 1975 John Deere 400 is getting tiered, and my 318 engine died. I have looked at the new John deere 2000s models and the Bob Cat CT models. have not test drove any of them just looking at specs so far. I have 2 acres to take care of in North Dakota. the last couple years I may have used the snow blower more then the mover deck. I want something with a FEL this time also. 1/3 of my yard is nice lawn, the rest is prairie grass. The Bob Cat CT230 weighs 3000 pounds the John Deere 2520 only weighs 1865 is the Bob cat to heavy for the part of the yard that is watered? Can I use the FEL with the mover deck on? I prefer the green one, The Bob Cat is heavier which would help with loader work. Thanks for any thoughts. The forum has a lot of good info.:bye:

·
Administrator
21,217 Posts
Welcome to DT Dan...

There are some great deals on the 2520's now with the $2500 off JD is offering so you should look really hard at them. Yes-you can use the FEL with the MMM deck on but they are so easy to remove it's really not recommended to do so since you loose so much ground clearance and risk banging the MMM into something.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I agree with Ken. Best bang-for-the-buck today due to factory incentive is the 2520. However, go to your dealer and test drive. Get used to the different sizes and seat 'feel'. Try a 2305, 2320, 2520. Ask the dealer to show you:

- how easy it is to remove the 200CX loader
- the different MMM decks and how each one gets installed, removed and height adjusts.
- an iMatch quick hitch
- ballast box
- a 54" quick hitch snowblower

Ask your dealer about the new 'I' series.

Go get some seat time!

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Hey Dan,
Welcome to DT. The Bob Cat seems closer to the JD 3320. The 3320 is a couple more HP than the CT230,but seem to be about the same size tractors. I was curious as to the specs,so I compared the two. Not that I'm partial to JD,but it (3320) seems to be more tractor.:wink:

Anyway,as the others have stated,now is the time to check out the great deals JD is offering on the 2520. IMO,it would fit your needs just fine. Did I mention I was partial to JD,AND the 2520.:good2:
Good luck with your decision.

Greg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I will try to go to the dealer again. The sales man I talked to did not know very much about them could not even tell me the difference between the 2320 2520 or the 2720 other than horse power and price He quoted me 19775.00 for 2520 with FEL 62D MMM. I learned more from the Brochures and the internet then the dealer. They did not have a mover deck they would have to order a mover deck for me I may have to buy it site un seen. I may have to order the tractor out of state even after calling several other dealers 100 miles away,the best price I got was 18900.00 after telling him I can get it for 16999.00 Mutton Power Equipment in Indiana. I may have to call a bigger dealer 200 miles away see if they have anything I can go take a look at. Thanks again.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have both a Kioti CK27HST and a 3320 PR. They weight about the same but the JD is physically bigger with a better loader. The CK is going away. I was hoping to use the 3320 for mowing the lawn near the house and for snow removal but it is just too heavy to mow. I had the CK on the lawn and it sank in too much( high water table).

I need to get a lawn tractor and a snow blower now. Hmmm, small Deere lawn tractor and 3pt blower for the 3320, or how about a 2520.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.