Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Ive had my tractor about a year now and I couldn't fathom how I could have lived my life without it. My advice... Think of any attachment that you think you will want or need in the future and roll that into your loan now with zero % financing.

forks are a must. thats honestly the most used on my tractor minus the FEL.

I wish i would have purchased more attachments at the loan time.

you wont be disappointed. These tractors cost so much because they are worth it. My fiance is not a big country girl and I will tell you that she has told me numerous times, the tractor is worth its weight in gold.

2 yr warranty seems low to me. I got 6 years. the price also seems higher than what I paid but I bought mine before all the price increases over the last year so it seems like its not terrible.

·
Registered
2015 2025r 62mmm h130 af10f plow forks 62 disc ripper and a woods m5 Dixie mower
1,046 Posts
Ok I loved my 1025r other then I got into round bales so overall it’s good seems high on price but I don’t know as they have gone up in price I whould get forks and some kind of rear balance weight for it it’s your money but overall a great little tractor for someone who has a want for a front loader and once you have it you won’t say that you miss your shoveling or your blower

·
Premium Member
2,438 Posts
1025R is great machine.
I would recommend
Power beyond for future needs possibly adding one of TTWTs rear SCV kits.
I would recommend the Deere 3rd function be added to the loader for a grapple.
Pallet forks are a must have IMO, way more uses then just for pallets, very handy and pretty cheap too.

Rear ballast, I would for sure have the rear tires filled with Rim guard or some other Bio safe type liquid ballast.
Possibly wheel weights, and as far as rear 3pt ballast, I strongly feel the 1025R is to low to the ground for a ballast box, I would strongly recommend one of the Heavy hitch solutions for 3pt ballast, get the cart with it as well makes it supper easy to take on and off and roll around out of the way for storage.

Here are some good videos of rear ballast options.
This first video will show you exactly what I was referring to, it shows very clearly why I never recommend a ballast box on these small SCUT or CUT size tractor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do it. You absolutely will not regret the purchase. I bought my tractor in Oct 2021 and your price seems consistent with the quotes I was getting.

Beating a dead horse here but you must get pallet forks. Also think about ballast option as part of upfront cost. I use the HH weight bracket and suitcase weights but ballast box would be cheaper. I bought the suitcase weights as part of my initial tractor package through JD so I wouldn't have to pay for them to be delivered had I bought them online. Good works tractors has a package of a weight bracket + suitcase weights with free shipping depending on where you live in the US.

I declined the additional warranty- figured these things are famous for reliability, right? Decided to save the money, put it towards the 3rd SCV/grapple instead. Plus, you can buy the warranty down the road if you want.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you're primarily using this as a mower then I'm going to argue that the 1025R is superior. The drive over deck tech is better than any other tractor on the market and the stow-and-go brackets will allow you to save real estate in the winter when you're managing snow. About the only advantage that the Kubota has is that it's easier to take off the loader thanks to the standard hydraulic quick connect but there's an equivalent kit for the 1025R so it's only a pricing advantage in Kubota's favor.

One thing I'd recommend is to look at what plow and snow blower you're thinking of buying in the future. If they require hydraulics then at the very least get those added to your tractor as part of purchase to save some cash. At the very least add on the Power Beyond as it opens up a lot of rear hydraulic solutions now.

Finally, I think both offer cabs. If a primary purpose of your tractor is snow removal and you have lots of snow in winter (thereby also having cold days) then the factory cabs are probably worth considering. The 1025R with a cab cannot accept a backhoe and I think the Power Beyond isn't installed at the factory so there's a tradeoff there. Though I'm betting it's worth it to keep warm all winter long.

One thing that I noticed when tractor shopping was that Kubota charged extra for things that are standard on the Deere, including the quick connect bucket.
Goes both ways. Kubota has a standard load quick disconnect that JD charges extra for.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
.Goes both ways. Kubota has a standard load quick disconnect that JD charges extra for.
I'm just giving the guy a heads up. Something like a pin on bucket isn't what you expect on a top brand like Kubota and so might be an unpleasant surprise to some to find out that you have to pay extra for for a feature that is standard on even less popular brands. Adding the ssqa also adds weight which should be taken into consideration when looking at the loader lift capacity specs

·
Premium Member
13,696 Posts
The warranty on these machines has been the same for at least 5 years, yet it is often misunderstood. The warranty is broken down into two parts. The two "comprehensive warranty" and the 6 year "power train warranty". Basically, the entire tractor is covered for 2 years or 2,000 hours then the power train is covered for 4 more years, under another section of the warranty, also limited to 2,000 hours. Attached is the warranty statement for all consumer lawn and garden equipment, which is what 99% of the GTT members would be covered under.

The Power Guard warranty is an extension of the 2 year comprehensive warranty for a period of 1 to 4 more years. It's a cost item, ranging in price based upon the coverage selected. If I recall, when I was recently quoted a new machine, it seems like the 4 year Power Guard warranty was about $1,300, added to the tractors purchase price.

Common misunderstandings about the warranty which are seen here among GTT members are as follows;

• The owner of the tractor must get it to the dealer at their expense under the basic 2 year and the 6 year power train warranty. That can be whether you haul it or pay the dealers pick up and delivery charge.
  • Under the Power Guard "additional warranty", it covers the pick up and delivery during the basic warranty, the Power Train warranty and the term of the Power Guard warranty. Frankly, this is one of the Power Guards best features.
  • If you don't purchase the additional warranty (the Power Guard) after 2 years, only the specific items outlined on the Power Train warranty are covered for the total 6 year period.
Deere is very clear that dealer may not offer their own warranties and may not alter the terms of the companies warranty coverage. Take a few moments and carefully read the U,S, Consumer warranty statement so its terms are clear as I would say easily 2 of every 3 new machine owners do not understand their warranty coverage and it can result in problems or dissatisfaction. For those who do understand the coverage, its pretty clear and there are no "shades of Gray"................and it usually results in a better relationship with the dealer.

Also, while any machine covered under the Deere warranty can be repaired at any authorized dealer, its best to plan to purchase your machine from the dealer where you plan to have the machine serviced and warranty work provided. There have been a few new owners this past year who posted here on GTT that they were having trouble getting their local dealer to schedule and perform the warranty work when they purposely purchased the machine from a different dealer which is not as convenient to them for service, but offered what they perceived as a "better deal" at the time they made their purchase.

There are threads here on GTT which go into detail about these issues, but in a nutshell, many dealer are rightfully going to give scheduling and service preference to those customers who purchased their machines from this same dealer. I can tell you that when you purchase your machine from a dealer and work with the same dealer on all service and warranty repairs, most owners have a high level of satisfaction with the machine and their dealer relationship.

When you purchase from a dealer out of the area where you live and don't ever plan on taking the machine back to them for service, the dealer doesn't incur any cost for the machines repairs or warranty work. However, the dealer where you live, which you chose not to buy the machine from for whatever reason, may not give your machines issues scheduling preference if they are very busy. There are extensive debates back and forth about this issue, but I will simply tell you reward the dealer with your purchase who you expect to be there when you need them. Of course, when people legitimately relocate, then its an entirely different matter and few issues have surfaced.

As far as the price of the machine, in these times, its going to be very difficult to negotiate much of a discount. If you must have a machine now, just accept this as a reality and move in the direction which meets your needs.

Use the 0% to get all of the implements you are going to need. Also use the purchase opportunity to have the options and additional machine enhancements added which you desire, such as the third function for the front grapple and perhaps rear SCV's, if there is any chance you might need these benefits. Some owners have a need for these items, many owners do not.

In some cases, when new owners aren't sure how they are going to use the machine, taking delivery and putting the machine to use usually opens up all kinds of ideas and possibilites. The only downside to adding these items and features later is you will have to pay for them at that time and won't be able to use the low or no interest rate financing.

Items I would purchase in the initial deal include;
  • Tractor and FEL with 53" bucket
  • I Match hitch for 3ph
  • Pallet forks
  • Rear 3ph ballast of some type
  • Rear Wheel spacers, the size based upon whether or not you are going to have a MMM.
  • John Deere Technical Service Manual for the machine, if you are going to do any service or repairs.
Think about what you are going to want, Read the forums and threads, and move forward. Once the deal is done, very rarely does the price paid come up again. Get what you want, make the deal you are comfortable with and take delivery of the machine and get busy...............

One reality is you will find items to add to the machine to make it meet your needs. Many of these items are sold by Ken's Bolt on Hooks and other GTT sponsors and advertisers. Please give them consideration when adding options and equipment as not only do they have very high quality items and they provide excellent service, they support this site which is helpful to John Deere and any SCUT machine owners.........

Now, go get busy and put your order together...............Welcome to GTT................

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you're getting new, then the 54D is compatible with Load-n-Go's. I'd get them. Are you moving only cut firewood, or are you also moving bigger pieces to cut? As a member of the Grapple Appreciation Society, I would suggest adding a Frontier AV20F Grapple and have them install the Deere 3rd Function SCV diverter.

And if it's brand new, while they're doing PDI, have them install the ROPS lights at the inside of the ROPS, not the outside.

While I'm making suggestions for how to spend your money, add the VersaTurf tires.
And this is the slippery slope when ordering new! But, its a good slippery slope. Don't short change yourself to "I'll get it later" on the items mentioned above. I made the jump from my x585 to a 2025R this summer and from day 1 I have been using the forks, the grapple, the 3rd function, ect. My favorite part of firewood now is having the ability to move wire totes around. I know I am referring to the 2025R, but the 1025R is "similar". I have had it 4 months only now and I wouldn't be without it at this point.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I’m also a 2025r owner, like already said, similar powertrain and loader, on a bigger chassis and bigger tires. I’ve owned a 2025r for 3 years now and owned a Kubota BX2350 for 10 years before that.

The biggest plus for the JD vs the Kubota is the auto connect deck and the loader. The size of the bucket really frustrated me on the BX, it’s a lot smaller. If you watch the Tractor Time with Tim video you really see the size difference between the two. Kubota makes a good product, I liked the BX I had. It’s almost not fair to compare them, the JD 1025r is half a size bigger.

The auto connect is also really nice. I often left the deck on my BX since it was a pain to remove. Kubota makes a similar auto connect system but my understanding is it doesn’t work as well. I know someone who bought a newer BX, they have made improvements since I bought mine.

Get forks and get a ballast box or heavy hitch. Also get fluid filled tires, Rimguard is popular.

Price? The world has exploded since I bought my 2025r 3 years ago. I paid $21,000 for my 2025r, that included Illinois sales tax. Mine came with a loader, 60” auto connect deck, pallet forks, filled tires on back and I think 5 years 0% interest. That price had quite a few discounts, I’ve read a 2025r costs about $2000 more than a 1025r. That makes your price look high but a lot has changed in three years. I have a 4 year old F150 in my driveway that is worth nearly what I paid for it, so your price might be OK.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Adding the ssqa also adds weight which should be taken into consideration when looking at the loader lift capacity specs
Yup, another +1 for the JD. Actually I preferred ALL the JD features vs Kubota versions.
Don't short change yourself to "I'll get it later" on the items mentioned above.
Yeah I wish I had gotten pallet forks with my order. Oh well. I'll buy them outright this time and, if my next tractor is too big for them then my next set will be rolled into the purchase order.

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
2,798 Posts
Autoconnect mower deck + load n go brackets (if you purchase them) make it very user friendly.
These two items make the Deere stand out - They are worth a ton of time and back savings.

Not being familiar with the Orange one, I've heard they are just as reliable (crapshoot between the two) but many many people don't care for the tredle pedal, assuming it has one, I'd recommend trying it out first.
I have no complaints about my 1R that, if doing it again with the same information and requirements I had at the time, I wouldn't change a thing, and it's been almost 5 years and 370 hours of use since I got mine. Hindsight, doing it again now, Iwould have only added some additional accessories (suitcase weights, 3rd function) in to my 0% financing.

·
Registered
1025r, bucket, plow, forks, 54d
28 Posts
I was in the same boat as you, using my riding mower with a trailer to haul firewood out of the woods. I got to the point where I just couldn't get far enough in the woods anymore, so it was time for an upgrade. After quite a bit of research went with the 1025r, bucket, plow, mower deck, and forks and couldn't be happier. You will be amazed at how much more you can get done. Before the tractor I had to plan what trees to drop around how far I was willing to carry the wood to the trailer. Now I just make a road.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
JD/1982,

I just finished plowing 6 very long driveways with Versaturfs and no chains. There were no issues at all. I was glad for that as being 70 I'm like you. Less is more.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Is $23K a good price for all of this equipment? Is PowerGard really needed for a residential tractor that will only see 50-100hrs a year?

Am I missing any accessory for this tractor?

Good price, but not an earth-shattering great deal. PowerGard no, and even less so if you have a trailer or trailer access, and are comfortable financially and maintain an emergency contingency fund.

Missing any accessories is harder to answer since I have very little information about the location and the property you plan to improve and maintain. But a great point was made that ballasting accessories should be a definite addition.

As there is a $4,000 difference between the Kubota and the Deere, perhaps you should more strongly consider the Kubota. You can have a quite capable tractor and have $4,000 in your pocket to spend on accessories as the need arises.

Few of us new little tractor owners know what accessories we need on day one. Or, we tend to overthink and overbuy things we may not use. I am an example. I bought a Frontier RC2048 rotary cutter for about $1,500, and a BB1060L box blade for $800. Both are still sitting unused in my shed after 6 years, reminding me that I blew $2,300 on day one.

What didn't I think to add initially that I quicly found I really needed and use? A ballast box ($500) . Pallet forks ($400). A Frontier SS1067B fertilizer spreader ($825). A TSC 40 gallon boom sprayer ($350). A Dragonfly Arena Groomer (sold by the Deere dealer ($2,450). A Herd 3-point mounted seeder ($450)

Last thought - the $4,000 saved by going orange would also buy a decent tandem axle trailer. You could trailer the new tractor to help out friends and family, and to and from the service department as needed.

·
Registered
2021 1025R
34 Posts
I paid just over $21k on Sept of ‘21 for a new 1025r with Fel, 54D mmm, 60” snow pusher, versa turf tires, and rim guard for the rears. I declined extended warranty. Things I really wish I would of got at time of deal is ballast box, pallet forks, and the 3rd function installed. Would of felt better on the wallet to roll it in together with the initial purchase.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm just giving the guy a heads up. Something like a pin on bucket isn't what you expect on a top brand like Kubota and so might be an unpleasant surprise to some to find out that you have to pay extra for for a feature that is standard on even less popular brands. Adding the ssqa also adds weight which should be taken into consideration when looking at the loader lift capacity specs
I get it and I'm sorry if I was harsh. I just hate it when people start claiming that one brand is better than another because of the standard features of that brand. It's always a tradeoff and the customer is always paying so it is, in my opinion, pointless to point out.

I also get that you're trying to save the guy a hassle but, honestly, if he walks off a Kubota lot with a BX2680 without SSQA then he should never do business with that dealer or salesperson again. His salesperson should very quickly quote the SSQA if the OP simply gave the requirements that they gave in their first post.

As there is a $4,000 difference between the Kubota and the Deere, perhaps you should more strongly consider the Kubota. You can have a quite capable tractor and have $4,000 in your pocket to spend on accessories as the need arises.
Isn't this blasphemy on this forum? :p

Last thought - the $4,000 saved by going orange would also buy a decent tandem axle trailer. You could trailer the new tractor to help out friends and family, and to and from the service department as needed.
Ironically, this statement would push me towards the JD for the same reason that I tell my family members to buy a Mac. Not that I have bad experiences being IT for my family or anything...

:)

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
3,242 Posts
Last thought - the $4,000 saved by going orange would also buy a decent tandem axle trailer.
Where in this market is this possible? Even junk used trailers are going for more than $4k around here. :mad:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Wow. I really appreciate all the feedback! I provided the store with my info for the financing. Said they would get back to me by Monday. The ballast box is included in the deal with the loader. I have that in writing from the store since I do not see it on the proposal. I am going to hold off on the powergard package, forks and snow blower or plow for the time being. I am also going to keep my CC XT3 and snow blower for this winter. Just want to make sure I am comfortable with the 1025r before I start selling older pieces of equipment I depend upon. Will keep everyone posted on what the store says this coming week.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Wow. I really appreciate all the feedback! I provided the store with my info for the financing. Said they would get back to me by Monday. The ballast box is included in the deal with the loader. I have that in writing from the store since I do not see it on the proposal. I am going to hold off on the powergard package, forks and snow blower or plow for the time being. I am also going to keep my CC XT3 and snow blower for this winter. Just want to make sure I am comfortable with the 1025r before I start selling older pieces of equipment I depend upon. Will keep everyone posted on what the store says this coming week.
Have the 3rd SCV installed at the time of purchase, or you'll regret not doing so at a later date. Seriously, purchase the JD 3rd SCV installed by the dealer at time of purchase.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts