Green Tractor Talk banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Have the 3rd SCV installed at the time of purchase, or you'll regret not doing so at a later date. Seriously, purchase the JD 3rd SCV installed by the dealer at time of purchase.
What would the 3rd SCV be needed for? I asked this question and the sales rep said none of the accessories I was looking at would need it.....

·
Premium Member
2021 1025R Cab
92 Posts
What would the 3rd SCV be needed for? I asked this question and the sales rep said none of the accessories I was looking at would need it.....
Grapple

·
Registered
167 Posts
I didn't get the additional warranty either. My dealer sells an annual maintenance contract that covers transportation, so I got that.

I recommend viewing the TTWT video comparison of the Kubota vs Deere for mowing; the turning radius comparison is shocking. Akso, if you plan on using it as a primary mower the 60 inch deck may be worth the extra cost as it sticks out further left and makes edging a little easier IMO. If you might ever consider adding wheel spacers the 60D deck can accept up to 1.5" spacers; I'm not sure what spacers can fit with the 54" deck.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It's mainly to future-proof the tractor since it's so much more expensive/difficult to add it later versus getting it at time of purchase. But in a more immediate time frame, having a 3rd SCV can open up additional options for a snow blower as some utilize the 3rd function. Plus the grapple that you'll invariably want to get once it becomes obvious that it is missing from your life :) And there is a whole host of niche attachments that also use the 3rd function that might catch your eye at some point.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
You can use extension hoses from 3rd function outlet to the rear for other stuff too. For example hydraulic top link or hydraulic dump trailer.

It's about a 6 hour project to install

·
Registered
339 Posts
Afternoon WhitC

Yes - check out Tractor Time with Tim videos: he's got a few about Deere vs Kubota etc.

Also Good Works tractor has a recent one about "why spend extra for Deere?" See it here:
IS IT WORTH PAYING THE PREMIUM? ARE JOHN DEERE & KUBOTA BETTER? - YouTube

Good Works is a used dealer, he has another video about his most popular model?
THE TRACTOR I SELL MORE THAN ANY OTHER: 1 YEAR REVIEW 🚜 ⌛ - YouTube

Ultimately - it's your choice keeping budget and your potential uses in mind. Think about: Is there a dealer you like better? Is your driveway 300 yds of gravel? Do you mow only quarter acre or 5 acres? Are there woods, fences to maintain?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
If you don’t think you need a third function don’t get it. I haven’t missed one yet.

Reactions: whitc

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Afternoon WhitC

Yes - check out Tractor Time with Tim videos: he's got a few about Deere vs Kubota etc.

Also Good Works tractor has a recent one about "why spend extra for Deere?" See it here:
IS IT WORTH PAYING THE PREMIUM? ARE JOHN DEERE & KUBOTA BETTER? - YouTube

Good Works is a used dealer, he has another video about his most popular model?
THE TRACTOR I SELL MORE THAN ANY OTHER: 1 YEAR REVIEW 🚜 ⌛ - YouTube

Ultimately - it's your choice keeping budget and your potential uses in mind. Think about: Is there a dealer you like better? Is your driveway 300 yds of gravel? Do you mow only quarter acre or 5 acres? Are there woods, fences to maintain?
I thought it was interesting on the top 10 regrets from good works tractor was the mower deck. Maybe I should scrap the 54D and just keep the XT3 for mowing....

·
Premium Member
2021 1025R Cab
92 Posts
I thought it was interesting on the top 10 regrets from good works tractor was the mower deck. Maybe I should scrap the 54D and just keep the XT3 for mowing....
I use my zero turn for mowing. Multiple threads here about 0 turn vs deck.

Reactions: Pigpen and whitc

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have never needed pallet forks and not sure I ever would need them so make sure you might use them before you buy them

·
Registered
2015 2025r 62mmm h130 af10f plow forks 62 disc ripper and a woods m5 Dixie mower
1,046 Posts
I guess I whould skip the mower deck if I had to do it again and get a 3kish zero turn

·
Registered
15 Posts
Decided its time to upgrade my riding lawn mower (Cub Cadet XT3) for something that can help me out more around the yard. Been leaning towards a John Deere 1025R or a Kubota BX2680. Shockingly there is a price difference from both proposals (4K) so wanted to reach out to other 1025R owners to see if what was proposed is correct for my needs.

Currently I use the XT3 for mowing and towing. Have a wood stove so I move a lot of split wood around the property via a trailered cart. I also use the dump trailer in the spring for mulching. I have never tried using the XT3 for snow removal so I do have a blower for that but was hoping the 1025R would allow me to sell the snow blower.

The dealer proposed a brand new 1025R with a 2YR warranty. Plus they added a PowerGard protection plan. $15,1xx.xx

120R Loader $4,5xx.xx

54D auto connect $2,6xx.xx

The total comes out to $23K

Is $23K a good price for all of this equipment? Is PowerGard really needed for a residential tractor that will only see 50-100hrs a year? It's tough to spend 4K more for the Deere but it was the tractor I preferred from the get go.

I appreciate any help with the pricing or if I am missing any accessory for this tractor. I know I will need to buy a plow or blower in the future for snow removal. Been watching a ton of tractor time with Tim. Thanks.
I just got mine in March 2021. I know things have gone up in this short period but I paid just under $22k for tractor, loader, 60D mmm, and 647 tiller. They told me the warranty wasn’t worth it as it doesn’t cover much more than bulbs etc. It comes with a pretty nice warranty. I bought a cover, a load n go, couple of mirrors ( not really needed but look good) and a seat cover. Looking at forks. I would love the Artillian but I can get two of the Titan forks for the price of one Artillian. I would add the load n go to save your back and it’s great to clean the bottom too. I absolutely love mine. I checked the website of my dealer and they advise the package you want for $315 a month which could mean anything. I also got them down on their advertised price. I paid cash which also dropped the price a bit. You pay up front for zero percent financing.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
If you install the 3rd function at the time of purchase the costs will be minimal and the option will be fully integrated into the tractor's hydraulics with a JD solution. The solution / 3rd SCV will then be covered by the JD warranty or any additional warranty you may purchase at a later date. Installation costs are also minimal at the time of purchase. You'll read plenty of posts concerning the addition of the 3rd SCV after the sale at a later date, and most people who install a 3rd party option at a later date will agree it is an option they should have purchased with the tractor at time of sale. There can be no dispute that the best 3rd SCV for a JD series 1 is the fully integrated JD solution.

The 3rd SCV will be required if you should ever decide to add a grapple, plow with hydraulic angle, pallet grip, or any attachment that may require hydraulics. You may not need this option now, but should you decide on an option that requires hydraulics at a later date you'll be very glad you had the option installed.

Plant Tree Wood Motor vehicle Trunk
Motor vehicle Grass Road surface Groundcover Landscape

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Third functions, rear remotes? Important if you’ll use them some day. The problem is the implements start getting expensive. A rear blade with hydraulic functions cost more and grapples are expensive. If you need that stuff and can afford it that’s great.

Reactions: whitc

·
Registered
467 Posts
Where in this market is this possible? Even junk used trailers are going for more than $4k around here. :mad:
a guy around the corner from me had a trailer similar in size and maybe a smidge better condition than my trailer. Ive always considered my trailer to be a 500 dollar trailer. I got it in a throw in deal a few years ago when I bought an old plow truck. its just a 6 x 10 single axle trailer. This guy had a for sale sign in his yard this summer with a price tag of 2,000 dollars. I thought maybe he had a mower or something on the trailer that wasn't on there at the moment i drove by. weeks go by and the trailer with the 2k for sale sign still there.

Saw him outside one day and stopped to talk. wasn't interested in his trailer but was interested in his asking price for it. He said he expected to sell it for 1500. I was floored at that thought. I said I could buy a much bigger two axle landscape trailer for that price used. he suggested I find one then. He sold it for 1500 dollars... insane. people have lost their minds over the last year.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Also, while any machine covered under the Deere warranty can be repaired at any authorized dealer, its best to plan to purchase your machine from the dealer where you plan to have the machine serviced and warranty work provided. There have been a few new owners this past year who posted here on GTT that they were having trouble getting their local dealer to schedule and perform the warranty work when they purposely purchased the machine from a different dealer which is not as convenient to them for service, but offered what they perceived as a "better deal" at the time they made their purchase.

There are threads here on GTT which go into detail about these issues, but in a nutshell, many dealer are rightfully going to give scheduling and service preference to those customers who purchased their machines from this same dealer. I can tell you that when you purchase your machine from a dealer and work with the same dealer on all service and warranty repairs, most owners have a high level of satisfaction with the machine and their dealer relationship.

When you purchase from a dealer out of the area where you live and don't ever plan on taking the machine back to them for service, the dealer doesn't incur any cost for the machines repairs or warranty work. However, the dealer where you live, which you chose not to buy the machine from for whatever reason, may not give your machines issues scheduling preference if they are very busy. There are extensive debates back and forth about this issue, but I will simply tell you reward the dealer with your purchase who you expect to be there when you need them. Of course, when people legitimately relocate, then its an entirely different matter and few issues have surfaced.
I am one of those folks that bought my tractor from a different dealer than my local dealer. It wasn't for lack of trying. My local dealer just couldn't and wouldn't offer me the same deal I could get elsewhere. They weren't willing to go as many months 0% as the other dealer for one which didn't make sense. Their price was several 1000s more expensive without rimguard added. I did inquire about versa turfs and they told me they have a tire shop nearby put them on for them and the last person that had it done was like 75 dollars or something. But wouldn't give me a firm price, said it would have to be done after the sale of the tractor.

I probably could have gotten a better deal closer to my home as I have several dealers within a 50 mile radius of me. But I got hooked up with a dealer who did well for me. I wont take my tractor there for service as its just too far away to do that, especially when I have one thats 8 miles up the road one direction and another thats 20 miles up the road in the other direction. But thankfully for now I have a father who was a john deere mechanic for the better part of his life.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Update: just signed the paperwork with my local dealer. Decided on scratching the 54D mower deck and just continuing to mow with the CC XT3. Will most likely buy a cover for the CC and leave it on my friendly neighbors empty lot. My accessories for the 1025r is the FEL with ballast box. 3rd SCV and the frontier forks.

I plan on purchasing a HLA 1500 Snow pusher this coming summer. Edge Tamers as well for the bucket.:)

·
Registered
2015 2025r 62mmm h130 af10f plow forks 62 disc ripper and a woods m5 Dixie mower
1,046 Posts
Update: just signed the paperwork with my local dealer. Decided on scratching the 54D mower deck and just continuing to mow with the CC XT3. Will most likely buy a cover for the CC and leave it on my friendly neighbors empty lot. My accessories for the 1025r is the FEL with ballast box. 3rd SCV and the frontier forks.

I plan on purchasing a HLA 1500 Snow pusher this coming summer. Edge Tamers as well for the bucket.:)
Congrats on your new tractor Your choice but I whould try the snow pusher frist I think your going to find it much easier then useing your bucket for snow

·
Premium Member
2021 1025R Cab
92 Posts

good choices
Not sure where you are located. If in the Midwest, consider CTA. Have their plow and grapple. Very goodvalue

Reactions: Pigpen

·
Registered
45 Posts

You did exactly what I would’ve recommended. I regret buying the mowing deck; too much money compared to a riding mower.
I did not get the SCV and regret that. I did get a Titan forks attachment and have since added two more forks (total of 4 forks). It’s not a grappler but it’s darn good for picking up brush and heavy logs (esp. after hurricanes in central Fla.). Quite happy with my decision there.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts