Green Tractor Talk banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Decided its time to upgrade my riding lawn mower (Cub Cadet XT3) for something that can help me out more around the yard. Been leaning towards a John Deere 1025R or a Kubota BX2680. Shockingly there is a price difference from both proposals (4K) so wanted to reach out to other 1025R owners to see if what was proposed is correct for my needs.

Currently I use the XT3 for mowing and towing. Have a wood stove so I move a lot of split wood around the property via a trailered cart. I also use the dump trailer in the spring for mulching. I have never tried using the XT3 for snow removal so I do have a blower for that but was hoping the 1025R would allow me to sell the snow blower.

The dealer proposed a brand new 1025R with a 2YR warranty. Plus they added a PowerGard protection plan. $15,1xx.xx

120R Loader $4,5xx.xx

54D auto connect $2,6xx.xx

The total comes out to $23K

Is $23K a good price for all of this equipment? Is PowerGard really needed for a residential tractor that will only see 50-100hrs a year? It's tough to spend 4K more for the Deere but it was the tractor I preferred from the get go.

I appreciate any help with the pricing or if I am missing any accessory for this tractor. I know I will need to buy a plow or blower in the future for snow removal. Been watching a ton of tractor time with Tim. Thanks.
I use my 1025R for mowing, hauling firewood & mulch etc. I opted for the 60" MMM. It has thicker deck steel. No complaints after 2 years and 200 hours. No warranty issues. I leave all the heavy lifting to my 3046R.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Update: just signed the paperwork with my local dealer. Decided on scratching the 54D mower deck and just continuing to mow with the CC XT3. Will most likely buy a cover for the CC and leave it on my friendly neighbors empty lot. My accessories for the 1025r is the FEL with ballast box. 3rd SCV and the frontier forks.

I plan on purchasing a HLA 1500 Snow pusher this coming summer. Edge Tamers as well for the bucket.:)
Congrats!!! You made some excellent choices.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Congrats on your new tractor Your choice but I whould try the snow pusher frist I think your going to find it much easier then useing your bucket for snow
Yes I will be ordering the HLA for the pusher. Probably will not get the 1025r until April or May so the winter will be behind us by then. Edge Tamers will be used for mulch and soil.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I’d get your a snow equipment upfront (esp if using financing) as it can get expensive later.

Reactions: whitc

·
Registered
760 Posts
The snow pusher from John Deere has a lot of bad reviews from my research. They are a lot cheaper then the HLA so I guess you could say you get what you pay for.
yeah, my dealer sells the HLA stuff instead. Good call.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ive had my tractor about a year now and I couldn't fathom how I could have lived my life without it. My advice... Think of any attachment that you think you will want or need in the future and roll that into your loan now with zero % financing.

forks are a must. thats honestly the most used on my tractor minus the FEL.

I wish i would have purchased more attachments at the loan time.

you wont be disappointed. These tractors cost so much because they are worth it. My fiance is not a big country girl and I will tell you that she has told me numerous times, the tractor is worth its weight in gold.

2 yr warranty seems low to me. I got 6 years. the price also seems higher than what I paid but I bought mine before all the price increases over the last year so it seems like its not terrible.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts