Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm looking at moving up to using a 3032E, a guy down the road has one and i talked with him, he wasn't overly positive about his 3032E. John Deere makes good equipment.
I"m looking for what folks who have one think about them, there are sure alot of these for sale on Tractor sites.
Thanks,
Mark

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Buyers remorse seems to happen a lot more often with the E series.

Just think about how Deere models work.

E= Economy model ( Which means it is a very price driven model)
Many things are sacrificed in order to achieve that low target price point.
Ie. Many E models lack capacity, versatility, and comfort features.
So I have to think that has something to do with the lower satisfaction levels, higher faster turnover rate, weaker resale values and so on .

M= Mid range model which in the has some of the nice features and still offers a decent mid range sort of price point.

R= Premium or high end model with many premium functional and comfort features included.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You! I think i'll find another model to look at. I didn't know that's what the "E" meant. One thing i did notice, there weird looking, i can't put my finger on it, just kinda odd.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,470 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a new 3032E in 2013, and I couldn't be more pleased. I have a 6' Frontier rotary cutter, a 6' Frontier box blade, and a 6' tiller. I mow a 7 acre field with the bush hog, I till about 1/2 acre for our vegetable garden, and I have used the box blade for numerous applications. I use the FEL for everything imaginable, and it is an incredible "back saver" for an old man.
Honestly, the 3032E is the smallest tractor that I have operated. I grew up operating all kinds of equipment, especially dozers and loaders, so I am not new at this.
Everyone's needs are different, so I know that a 3032E is not for everyone, but it fits my needs perfectly. It isn't fancy, but it is an incredibly economical and sturdy workhorse.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a 3043D. The D stands for dam good tractor. 😁

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a 3025e with the 370b backhoe on it. Does everything and more that I ask of it. Love it. Sometimes I wish I had more lifting capacity but for those projects I probably would need a 4 series. So there might be a trade in the future depending on how my firewood projects go and if I keep getting into large logs or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Every tractor will have limitations and the owner/operator needs to evaluate what their tasks are and buy the appropriate tractor. That said, I'm a 3038E owner (bigger brother) and I'm happy but I also did a LOT of research before purchasing. I couldn't stomach the $7k price jump from the E to the comparable R machine for features I didn't foresee myself using, and still haven't needed.

·
Premium Member
12,673 Posts
I'm looking at moving up to using a 3032E
Why the upgrade?

Obviously you have a tractor now and I guess that it is not meeting your needs. Pretty easy to compare the tractor you have to the one you are looking at. Is there enough of a difference to accommodate the short falls of your current tractor?

As some here have said, figure out what you want to do with it first and what size implements you'll want for those tasks, then match the tractor to those implements and tasks.

E= Economy model ( Which means it is a very price driven model)

M= Mid range model which in the has some of the nice features and still offers a decent mid range sort of price point.

R= Premium or high end model with many premium functional and comfort features included.
In the 1, 2 & 3 series you have a choice of E or R. Once you get to the 4 & 5 series you have the choice of M or R.

Keep in mind that R also stands for Rich as much as E stands for Economy.

Perhaps the 3E doesn't quite hit the mark for the capacity you want but the 3R does, however the 3R price tag is a bit too much. Before you "settle" for a 3E, look at the 4M............

Think of it like a pickup. You have the base model 1/2 ton and then a higher trim level 1/2 ton that also comes with a towing package that improves the cargo/towing capacity. The downside is now you are paying for a lot of other options you weren't looking for. The base model 3/4 ton might be a better option and with a price tag below the fancy 1/2 ton.

Knowing what you need and what options you value are the most important things to understand and not compromise on.

Buyers remorse seems to happen a lot more often with the E series.
I see a lot of 1 series getting upgraded as well.

Sometimes I think that "tractor envy" comes into play in a lot of upgrades. Every now and then I start to drool when I see someone with a 4 series........ It is pretty easy for the "bigger tractor" bug to bite all of us.

Fortunately I bought enough tractor to meet my needs and got a little bit extra to satisfy some of the wants and I am pretty darn happy with it. In the end I don't mind stroking the check every month and I get a big grin every time I get on it. To me, that is the sweet spot.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Absolutely love my 3032e. I was comparing t3032e to the 2032r. I don’t use the tractor for mowing so the decision was easy for me.
Otherwise they are basically the same.

10k more for cruise control and a nicer seat didn’t make any sense at all.

I would like a 3046r someday but the price isn’t even close.

Reactions: JDSwan87

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I have a 3025E and couldn't be happier but my tractor needs are for a tractor that does traditional tractor work. I used to have a SCUT that was an all in one with a MMM I decided I needed split those duties into two separate machines for my property. Everyone is different. If you want/need a basic tractor without all the frills then a 3E series is for you. If you have a need for more options and a MMM then I would look at the 3R. If you need your bucket to lift more than 1200lbs then get a 3R or 4 series.

Reactions: JDSwan87

·
Registered
31 Posts
Although European spec is a little different, my 3038e is excellent, it doesn’t compute why it’s not first choice (which explains I think I see a lot new going out here).
If money is no object maybe £10-15k more is worth it for an 3r but really I think it’s the jump to a 4 that makes it worthwhile, no idea what makes a 2r or 3r really better...a mmm for me isn’t a thing to justify in fact a pain, just run a rear mower, my 3e has everything else except a pointless tilt steering wheel and didn’t cost the earth, so more attachments!
All I wish was that I waited 10-12 months and got the msl loader as that would have solved the loader lift capacity, which we all want more, no matter what we have. For me it’s to lift a bulk bag, so 1t at 3/4 height and a 3r can’t do that
In short the 3e is a great machine, no regrets

1 - 13 of 13 Posts