Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently all mowers and tractors are green. All my current ZTR's are gas (757, 797 and Z960A). How does 997 compare to the Kubota ZD1511?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a Kabota Kommander, the JD 7 Iron mower deck will blow the Kabota away when it comes to final look of mowing. The 7 Iron will pickup and mulch sticks or twigs, the Kabota will drive over them or blow them to the side. I'd give the Kabota a B- and the 7 Iron an A, it would get an A+ if It did not need to be greased like the Kabota.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Kabota Kommander, the JD 7 Iron mower deck will blow the Kabota away when it comes to final look of mowing. The 7 Iron will pickup and mulch sticks or twigs, the Kabota will drive over them or blow them to the side. I'd give the Kabota a B- and the 7 Iron an A, it would get an A+ if It did not need to be greased like the Kabota.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
"Agree about the 7Iron deck. Have never used a Kubota ZTR. Thanks for the input."

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
We sold 14 997Rs to a large corporation when they first came out. These guys are HARD on stuff. We fitted each with suspension seats and sun shades. They do their own basic maintenance. Only issue we had was a spindle replacement. They obviously hit something.. Spindle was exploded. We covered it. No further issues at all. The 997 and a 7 iron deck can't be beat. IMHO..

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took delivery on 997R with 72" deck and suspension seat earlier this week. Pricey but worth every cent. Use this on my farm to cut lots and lots of grass. Use tractor with rotary cutter for rougher areas. This mower really chews through grass! I have ag diesel tank so another reason for the move. Still use the 797 with 60" deck to cut back side of pond dams because have tendency to scalp with 72" deck. Thanks for all the feedback.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Congrats on the new 997R. I have a 2009 997 and I mow anywhere from 5 to 8 acres on a regular basis and other than basic maintenance, it asks for nothing, except but diesel. These are great mowers. I'm just sorry the Tier 4 has made these machines pricey. Regardless, enjoy.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on the new 997R. I have a 2009 997 and I mow anywhere from 5 to 8 acres on a regular basis and other than basic maintenance, it asks for nothing, except but diesel. These are great mowers. I'm just sorry the Tier 4 has made these machines pricey. Regardless, enjoy.
Thank you! I can actually cut some of my property faster with this mower that I can with tractor and 84" rotary cutter. Right about Tier 4 issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts