Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Yea, the 1190 is a woods, i have been pretty happy with my batwing finish mower which is also a green painted woods product sold under the frontier name. I am not sure who the other models are from, there is a GM2109R that’s 110”, and a GM2190R . There is also a GM30 series. As I when I was comparing the batwings , looked like the woods were the more HD or better built units, not 100% sure of that, just what it looked like to me studying and comparing any specs I could find.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Update:
Went ahead and bought the GM1190.
It was in stock in one of my area dealers locations. Hope to have it setting on the back of the 4066R doing some mowing with it late next week or by the following weekend.

That said and more or less done.

I am still pondering how nice that 1585 with the flex deck would or could be for next year.
Since no matter what, even if ordered one today, it would not arrive to cut a single blade of grass this year.
I would like to hold off a while , because I am also probably still just wishful thinking, that maybe just maybe Deere would finally either offer that nice UK model cab 2038R which has a factory cab with AC or finally they might finally do a real update on the cab 3Rs to hopefully give it some much needed feature many of which the 2038R UK cab model has, like command cut instead of that hole filled slide bar and pin design on the current 3Rs.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Its crazy trying to find equipment right now, its why I jumped on a new 4066r that was less than 30 days old (and 0/72mo) even before I was ready to buy. The only other 4066r was a year old dealer trade with 2 hours on it but all the panels and loader were sun faded already and they wanted full price! Nope!

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yea, I started looking to buy a 2019 used 3046R with only 60 hours, sold before my salesman could even check on the cost of adding a deck and what options were already existing.
The two dealer chains in my area cover 3 or 4 states over 20 stores between them . Not a cab 3R in stock at any of them.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I would like to hold off a while , because I am also probably still just wishful thinking, that maybe just maybe Deere would finally either offer that nice UK model cab 2038R which has a factory cab with AC or finally they might finally do a real update on the cab 3Rs to hopefully give it some much needed feature many of which the 2038R UK cab model has, like command cut instead of that hole filled slide bar and pin design on the current 3Rs.
We can only wish! The updated 3r and 2r with a cab will come out as soon as I take possession of my 3039 (December).

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I have been watching a lot of videos on that 1585, it is limited to what it can do, but as a mower I am sure it would be far superior to 3R. I am also thinking I could maybe replace one of the X7 with with the 1585 .

But then I get to thinking I have several rear 3pt attachments that a 3R could easily run, which at times it can be pretty handy to not have to reconfigure the 4066 or the 2025R to tackle those projects.

Also get to thinking what parts availability on something like a 1585 might be like. I am sure Deere would have most anything in the DCs but I doubt dealers would stock much of anything for them.

I have spotted a few potential 3039Rs out there on machine finder. I may email a couple of them today just to see if there is any deals to be made.

·
Registered
403 Posts
😂 lol
No worries.
You have got me thinking again about a Deere 1585 .

But that Deere 1585 is really a nice rig . Especially like that 72” flex deck . That would be awesome on my ditches , plus it’s 4wd and looks like tire sizes might be comparable with carsile versaturf tires .
you can also option duals for added traction and stability
My FIL has two of them and swears by them. He won't cut his grass with anything else. He's got 2500 hrs on each now. They also have all sorts of attachments.

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
My FIL has two of them and swears by them. He won't cut his grass with anything else. He's got 2500 hrs on each now. They also have all sorts of attachments.
Good to know.
Only used 1585s I see all have a lot of hours on them, which that would indicated to me that these things are build really well, to stand up to all the vibration and operational stresses for several thousand hours.
I don't have much use for the snow blower, or snow blade. But that broom, I could see being a nice attachment to have for it. Only some of the video's I have watched have expressed some complaints on the ease or lack of ease in changing attachments on them. So I don't think it would be something I would want to swap out after a mowing to sweep off the driveway every time.

I did email about 5 dealers on machine finder and emailed several dealers within a 500 mile radius to see if I could find a new 3046R or 3039R.
I am now into at least 4 more large dealer networks not just the two in my immediate area.
So far all the low hour used machines that I emailed the dealers on machine finder about I think there were 5 total, I inquired on, so far of the 3 replies I received this afternoon all were sold in the past day or two and just had not been updated on the site.

Seems whenever I am told I can't have something, it push my buttons and it just pushes me harder to try get it anyway. LOL I noticed some of the used ones that I did not message anyone on were more then new .lol That will be where I draw the line, I won't pay more for used then I can order a new one for. lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
Your concern about changing attachments on the front mount is spot on. I switch between the 72" mower and front blade every fall/spring. Not something I would want to do often. Removing an attachment is not the issue, mounting is.

I originally intended to buy a used 1550 but like you are seeing with 1585s, available units were either high hours or had been run in salt. I eventually spotted the 1570 which met most of my wish list.

Have you thought about a 1600 WAM? You may not need a cab if you can finish mowing faster.:)

dsb

·
Registered
483 Posts
I am beginning to wish I had gotten a Rear Finish Mower for my 3046R. I have the 72" autoconnect deck. The deck cuts beautifully. Just as good as a push mower. But it is a royal PITA to remove and install. I did consider a RFM when I ordered the tractor, but had concern about the tail swing.

I would like to try one at some point,....

Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Update:
I think I may have found a low hour 2019 3046R that will check all the boxes I am looking for.
Trying to work out a deal with them on it this morning.
From the looks and sounds of things, all it has ever done is push that broom around.
It was one of the ones I had found it on machine finder.
The dealer that took it in on trade, also recently took in a 3039R that had a 72" MMM that already sold but the new owner didn't need or want the MMM.
So they are going to pull the front hitch and broom off swap it for the 72" deck that came off the 3039R.
I get exactly what I was wanting and nothing else.
I believe it is coming in under 40K which was where I was shooting for.

·
Administrator
20,848 Posts
I know someone that may be interested in that broom if you don't want it! That is not the JD one though?

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I got the deal made.
Came in right at 40K with the 72" deck, they are adding the mulch kit and some load and go brackets, they are installing everything onto the tractor.

I think the only reason this one and a couple others I had found, not already sold that is, was because they were not really even on the dealers lot yet.

This 3046R was a July listing and the 1 picture of it was taken on site where the tractors original owner still has it today.

It supposed to be picked up and brought to the dealership this week.

A 3039R I found was a similar deal, it was not due to hit the dealers lot till September, another 3039R I found Friday wasn't due to hit the dealers lot till Feb 2022.

Equipment availability is just crazy thin right now.
Unless it is just my imagination it seems to be getting worse rather then improving.

The dealer up there is removing the broom, and the front hitch, in sort of an even up trade or exchange for the 72" deck and the extra add on items that I wanted added to the 72" deck loadN'go brackets and mulch kit.

So if anyone is interested in that broom, and or that front hitch for a 3R, it is located at

HASTINGS, MINNESOTA
12040 POINT DOUGLAS DR SOUTH
HASTINGS, MN 55033 USA

651-437-7747 | http://www.frontieragturf.com
Ask for Mike

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I got my wheel spacers ordered or I emailed my order to Lenny yesterday afternoon.
I have not had these turf tires before.
Looks like they are close to larger 43" rear 27" front R4s I was originally looking for on a 3R.
The small R4s are 39” rear 25” front. These turf tires are 41” rear 27” front.
This 3046R machine has following options.
5223 W&T, 41X14-20, 4PR, R3, REAR
6223 W&T, 27X8.5-15 4PR, R3, FRNT

1795 LESS LOADER
0202 UNITED STATES - COUNTRY CODE
2660 RADIO (CAB ONLY)
3330 DUAL&SINGLE E-HYDR REAR SCV
0409 ENGLISH OM
3420 MID PTO
2060 DELUXE CAB W/AIR RIDE SEAT
4061 LESS IMATCH QUICK HITCH
1520 EHYDRO TRANSMISSION

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I did end up receiving a quote for ordering a new 1585 from one of the 2 local area dealers I use.
Seems the flex deck has been discontinued. They quoted me the side discharge deck and the 1585, out the door at 50K.
If I wanted to add a few extras options like radio and rear weight brackets and weights I would likely land in the 51K area. This crazy price point and limited capability, and several interesting complaints or common issues I had read about were in large part what drove me to continue to move forward with shopping for the 3046R or a 3039R with a MMM.

Some of the common complaints or issues I read about or watch video about with the 1585s was a poorly sealed cabin, a poorly insulated cabin, allowing a substantial amount of dirt into the cabin, along with more then acceptable amount of heat radiating from the uninsulated steel floor which your setting pretty much right over some heat generating mechanicals, and right in front of the engine. There were a few articles or videos on some how to improve or help seal up the cabin, and help insulated it better from the heat. Another very common complaint was excessive dificulty in changing attachments which for me the only other thing I could think of I could make use of would be the broom to clean off the drive and such after mowing, which in light of the amount of work it seems to take to swap that out, and the rear 3pt mounted PTO driven sweeper I already have, I doubt that would be much use to me on a 1585.

In the end the 3046R can mow, I can mount many 3pt attachments that I already own to it to tackle various other task, should the 4066 or other machines I have be tied up or setup for different task. For example to use my new Maschio ditch bank flail, I had to pull the I-match and my power top link off the 4066R and hook it up directly to the 3pt, which the hitch assist on the 4066R came in handy for the first time setting it up for that attachment.
It rained the next day and I still have more mowing for the ditch bank mower to do, but I could have sprayed shortly after the rains, but I didn't want to totally reconfigure the 4066R twice to accomplish it. Had the 3046R been handy I could have slapped the sprayer on the back of it and sprayed the yard no problem. Just lots of scenarios like that also came into play, not to mention that extra $12k the 1585 would have cost me. Also turns out if you order a new 1585 right now, you might receive it sometime February or March 2022, which I have plenty of uses right now, for that 2019 model 3046R, I bought yesterday.

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Looking into hybrid turf Radial R3s.
Galaxy Garden Pro XTD R-3+ Same tire Deere offers on the 2Rs large and small frame.
Galaxy Garden Pro/garden PRO XTD R-3+ | Farm Tire Warehouse

Looks like Galaxy does offer them in the sizes I am needing.

The question is are they sizes that are available here in the US?

I ran into this before where I was needing a size shown as available later to find out is not offered here in the US.
Needing 215/70R15 For the fronts = 27x8.5-15 same as the bias ply turfs that are on it.
Needing 400/70R20 For the rears = 42x15.5-20 very close to the rear bias turfs that are on it.
Those sizes should be perfect, the large OEM Bias R4's are 27 front and 43 rear. the OEM turf bias is 27 front and 41 rear.

I sent in a quote request for those R3+ radial to that farm tire warehouse website that I linked above, just wanting to find out if available in the US and what they cost.

Also received my order confirmation this morning from Motorsport-tech on my 2.75" wheels spacers.
Lead time on steel is still a long ways out there. "3 to 6 weeks on aluminum parts. Steel orders are 8-12 weeks"

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Looking into hybrid turf Radial R3s.
Galaxy Garden Pro XTD R-3+ Same tire Deere offers on the 2Rs large and small frame.
Galaxy Garden Pro/garden PRO XTD R-3+ | Farm Tire Warehouse

Looks like Galaxy does offer them in the sizes I am needing.

The question is are they sizes that are available here in the US?

I ran into this before where I was needing a size shown as available later to find out is not offered here in the US.
Needing 215/70R15 For the fronts = 27x8.5-15 same as the bias ply turfs that are on it.
Needing 400/70R20 For the rears = 42x15.5-20 very close to the rear bias turfs that are on it.
Those sizes should be perfect, the large OEM Bias R4's are 27 front and 43 rear. the OEM turf bias is 27 front and 41 rear.

I sent in a quote request for those R3+ radial to that farm tire warehouse website that I linked above, just wanting to find out if available in the US and what they cost.

Also received my order confirmation this morning from Motorsport-tech on my 2.75" wheels spacers.
Lead time on steel is still a long ways out there. "3 to 6 weeks on aluminum parts. Steel orders are 8-12 weeks"
The garden pro XTD has a deeper tread than the garden pro on the 2r….according to the MFR.

They think it might ‘clean’ a bit better.

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
The garden pro XTD has a deeper tread than the garden pro on the 2r….according to the MFR.

They think it might ‘clean’ a bit better.

Tim
Interesting. I didn't realize there were two versions.
I will have to look when I get back to the house and see which versions I actually have.
I have some larger ones on the front of one of my 5115Ms I don't recall the size off the top of my head and the smaller size that Deere sells for my 2025R.
I have not had any mud problems with the front tires on the 5115M or the rear tires on the 2025R, but the smaller front tires on the 2025R, I have noticed those pack up with mud from time to time.

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I will be interested to see what they say for availability and cost.
I finally just called them.

The front tires are available in that 215/70/15 size. Cost is 175.00 ea plus shipping projected about $50-60 ea for shipping.

Rear tires not so much luck there, no such size shown in that companies DCs , which it might be assumed that they make it just not for the us market. I have seen that happen before.

I did learn or I was told that Alliance had bought out Galaxy, which Alliance is owned by Yokohama which I have had good luck with Yokohama's on several of our fleet trucks, and the Alliance 550 is a tire that mentioned last week a possibility for this tractor. I moved to the Galaxy since It was showing a good size match both front and back in the same model of tire.
I would have preferred to have the same exact tire front back, but not it is not required. They guy I was working with on the phone immediately suggested the alliance 550 as being nearly the same tread design. He did not show any in any of his DC of the that alliance 550 either.
However I did see a website or two with those 550s showing to be in stock I may call and check on those tomorrow.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts