Green Tractor Talk banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Did you figure out anything with the tires?
I am holding off till it gets here, so that I can take some measurements on the clearance with the front tires.

There is an Alliance front I could use to match up with the Alliance 550 Rears I had found, but they are 30-31 diameter tires and the size I was looking for and what shows to come on it be large R4 or standard turf like what is on it now, are 27".

I am not all that concerned about the 2"-3" diameter change effecting the lead lag.
There is larger variances then that, among some of the Deere options comparing one to the next that is.

I just need to really make sure I can clear the mower deck without any issues with that taller front tire.

Otherwise I will have to run galaxy fronts and alliance rears, that is if I want something right away found those to be available in the sizes I am needing, or I could wait for an unknow period of time for Galaxy to bring on the rear size that I need and that they show as offered but offered a yet TBA date.

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
New to me Johnny 3 got delivered today . Started raining about 10min after she got delivered . So haven’t got to do much with it yet. Just drive it around the barn a time or two and put her up.
Can’t wait for those wheel spacers to come in .
Man this thing is narrow. I had spacer on both the 3Rs I had before so it’s been a while since I have seen one without spacers . :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Since Deere has a 20% off sale on parts and accessory items for compact tractors going on right now.
I am putting together an order for a few upgrades for the 3046R.

I am adding the exterior mirror kit
Front weight bracket kit.

Top and tilt kit, mostly just wanted the Deere hydraulic top link. I sure wish they offered it just for that top link.
The Deere top links are much better made then any of the aftermarket versions I have tried.

Looking into the Diverter kit for the MMM deck so it does not waste the third function port on the rear. Also the only SCV on the rear at the moment, So without at least the MMM diverter kit, the power top link would be lacking anywhere to plug it in. I may also add the 4th and 5th SCV kit at the same time. These Hydraulic upgrades won't likely happen till this winter, but it would be nice to 20% off these parts/kits.

Had to order some new 3pt link pins for installing a cat 1 I-match.
I already had the hitch on hand. Already setup with my Bolt on hooks tool/chain boxes. It came off my old 4720. However I somehow misplaced the mounting pins to it.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Also need to find those Goodworks part numbers for the LED light bulb upgrades. LED bulbs are so much better then the stock bulbs.

·
Administrator
20,848 Posts
Looking into the Diverter kit for the MMM deck so it does not waste the third function port on the rear. Also the only SCV on the rear at the moment, So without at least the MMM diverter kit, the power top link would be lacking anywhere to plug it in. I may also add the 4th and 5th SCV kit at the same time. These Hydraulic upgrades won't likely happen till this winter, but it would be nice to 20% off these parts/kits.
The diverter kit IS the 4th/5th SCV kit on the 3-series, otherwise you'd get 5 rear remotes and there is just not room for all that.

If you just want the HTL and MMM plugged in at the same time, we have a kit to do just that.

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 · (Edited)
The diverter kit IS the 4th/5th SCV kit on the 3-series, otherwise you'd get 5 rear remotes and there is just not room for all that.

If you just want the HTL and MMM plugged in at the same time, we have a kit to do just that.
So your saying there is no room for all 3 scvs on the back of the tractor or in the cab controls, I knew there is not a cab position for a lever style like on my 4066R or 5Ms,
I just assumed it would be like the 4720 where they would be 2 electric over hydraulic toggle switches.
This was the quote my local dealer sent me this morning.
BW16585 DELUXE GUARD KIT $356.40 AVAILABLE TO ORDER

LVB25705 QUIK-TATCH WEIGHT KIT $46.20 AVAILABLE TO ORDER

BLV10650 TOP AND TILT $1436.60 NO NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME

LVB24844 EXTERNAL MIRRORS $203.50 AVAILABLE TO ORDER

LVB24930 EXTERNAL TOOLBOX $67.10 AVAILABLE TO ORDER

BLV10359 HORN $64.90 AVAILABLE TO ORDER

BLV10649 DIVERTER $1639.00 AVAILABLE TO ORDER

LVA16352 4TH AND 5TH SCV $1343.50 AVAILABLE TO ORDER

SERVICE WORK LABOR

BLV10359 HORN KIT: 3046R/4477/HN/12 - $132.00

BLV10649 DIVERTER: 3046R/4477/ELD/12 - $1,089.60

LVA16352: No job code

·
Administrator
20,848 Posts
LVA16352 is open Open Station machines, JD does not make that real clear. Here are the instructions.

Edit: You can have the 3rd (operated form the joystick) and the 4th/5th that are "diverted" from the 1st/2nd (loader ports).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
So Kenny, short of going aftermarket parts and pieces, is the Diverter the only way I can power a power top link.
I really wish I could add 2 more independent scvs and have them on toggle switches like I had on my 4720.

·
Administrator
20,848 Posts
So Kenny, short of going aftermarket parts and pieces, is the Diverter the only way I can power a power top link.
Yes.

I really wish I could add 2 more independent scvs and have them on toggle switches like I had on my 4720.
You could custom install a setup the Summit kit you have on the 2-series, but real estate is pretty tight.

Reactions: cc1999

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Yes.

You could custom install a setup the Summit kit you have on the 2-series, but real estate is pretty tight.
Thanks Kenny,
I think I will just try the diverter kit for now, and just see how I get along with that.
This tractors main function is simply mowing and spraying, and possibly occasionally running a stump grinder, or wood chipper, just simple rear PTO sort of jobs.
So I probably don't have to have more scvs.
I just have learned it seems to always work out for the best, to get as many SCVs as I can, because something always seems to pop up where I don't have enough to do what I need or want to do.

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 · (Edited)
Rained all day yesterday . Finally got to try out the 3036R today . Had to get mower deck all adjust to the cut height I was looking for . I think I need to adjust the height on my anti scalp wheels one more time . I think I have my cut height about right .

Also once set, I did to trimming with work with it.
Overall very happy to have a 3R back in the lineup with a MMM.

The yard was still a little too wet to get into all areas . But still spent a couple hours in it today. Everything is running great 👍 very happy, even the oe turf tires are pretty decent , I think I will give at least another 6 months for gallaxy to get the rear tires released . It’s been a year since they announced the size I need is coming . Hopefully another 6 months will do the trick.

Reactions: Frago and DRobinson

·
Registered
483 Posts
Wasn't that the GWT unicorn?
You are thinking of the 4720's that he had with the mid-PTO and 72" deck.
The 4720 is the same as the current 4066R. Mid PTO is no longer available as an option on the 4066R. Sadly. :cry:😥

Jeff

Reactions: cc1999

·
Registered
483 Posts
Also need to find those Goodworks part numbers for the LED light bulb upgrades. LED bulbs are so much better then the stock bulbs.
Skip Good Works. Check these out. With the adapter (Off to the right side of page) and JD bracket these are plug and play and match the JD factory lights you will be removing. I did this on the front of my 3046R. Huge improvement.

These guys are good to work with too,....

Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Skip Good Works. Check these out. With the adapter (Off to the right side of page) and JD bracket these are plug and play and match the JD factory lights you will be removing. I did this on the front of my 3046R. Huge improvement.

Jeff
Very interesting. Some may have noticed my 3046R came with one of those saftey bubblgum balls up on top.
It is all wired up nice and has a factory switch, I think I will ever have any use for that but would be nice to find some other high power LED flood light that might be useful for me. Since it is already wired for a light up there, I was thinking I just need to find something that would fit in that same location and could be wired in, in place of that safety strobe ball.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Got the exterior mirrors, and LED lights all installed on Johnny 3 tonight. Removed the safety strobe light.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design
Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas

Johnny 4 got some love as well , with some new LED lights tonight.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
662 Posts

Jeff
A lot of us have used these, also from Larson lights, with fantastic results.

Allen.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts