Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody out there ever dealt with this outfitROCK BUCKET & LAND PLANE COMBINATION FOR JOHN DEERE 1000 & 2000 SERIES - 54"

my jd dealer will not set anything like this on his lott-why -the salesman said today he had no answer to that. but if it was on the lot-i would probably go pick it up-right there. less hassle IMO for me.

do uns think this is a bucket made out of the USA? the online dealer for this bucket is John Deere 1000 & 2000 Series Tractor Accessories-left them a message for a call back. so i will see.

just didn't really want a rock bucket-for 1 reason--didn't want to have to shake the hydraluics to clean the dirt out. :dunno:maybe it wouldn't be too bad--just as long as ur dirt is good and dry.

been pricing steel today for a dirt sifter-or to make a grizzly type-and heck i'm gonna be close either way i go.:banghead: if i install a gas engine to shake the screen-so-tore between the 2 :munch: all input would be greatly appreciated-thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,656 Posts
anybody out there ever dealt with this outfitROCK BUCKET & LAND PLANE COMBINATION FOR JOHN DEERE 1000 & 2000 SERIES - 54"

my jd dealer will not set anything like this on his lott-why -the salesman said today he had no answer to that. but if it was on the lot-i would probably go pick it up-right there. less hassle IMO for me.

do uns think this is a bucket made out of the USA? the online dealer for this bucket is John Deere 1000 & 2000 Series Tractor Accessories-left them a message for a call back. so i will see.

just didn't really want a rock bucket-for 1 reason--didn't want to have to shake the hydraluics to clean the dirt out. :dunno:maybe it wouldn't be too bad--just as long as ur dirt is good and dry.

been pricing steel today for a dirt sifter-or to make a grizzly type-and heck i'm gonna be close either way i go.:banghead: if i install a gas engine to shake the screen-so-tore between the 2 :munch: all input would be greatly appreciated-thanks.
I guess I would hope for that price that it is made in the USA. I'm glad you shared this link, I've been looking at them but I like this one better for a SCUT. Keep us posted when they call you back. :good2:

·
Registered
12,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I would hope for that price that it is made in the USA. I'm glad you shared this link, I've been looking at them but I like this one better for a SCUT. Keep us posted when they call you back. :good2:
10/4 driver-:shift:will do. i need it today:banghead:

·
Registered
407 Posts
It has been my experience that rock buckets that have flat tines tend to clog up much faster than round tines. The rocks tend to lodge between the greater parallel surface area of the flat tines. Round tines have very little parallel surface area between tines where rocks can become lodged.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I've never dealt with a land plane, but I"m really not seeing how this doubles as a land plane. I read that it has a cutting blade at the back of the bucket, but I'm not sure how that actually works in practice. :dunno:

Anyone seen one of these in action? Can someone enlighten me?
Guess is use it backing up, the cutting edge cuts, there is a vertical plate there as well to hold some material, there is also the cross bar in the center of the bucket that would hold some material. Not as good as an actual land plane by any means, but better than a regular bucket.

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
12,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How about something like this rock rake. I have one like this and it works great, except that you still have to pick up the rocks from where you have raked them, but you could use the regular bucket for that.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/countyline-landscape-rake-6-ft-w

Dave
:laugh: i already have a rock rake-here's a pic of it frontier stone rake.JPG the reason i needed a rock bucket-is because several yrs ago---i stacked several-piles of dirt-that had a lot of bigger rocks in them. and the area that i was fillling was to shallow for the size of these rocks to be buried in. i would rather build a dirt screener-but a rock bucket would work also for now. thanks for answering-oh.

Guess is use it backing up, the cutting edge cuts, there is a vertical plate there as well to hold some material, there is also the cross bar in the center of the bucket that would hold some material. Not as good as an actual land plane by any means, but better than a regular bucket.
that is the way i understood the info about it. u dig the rock out of the ground, and then u can backdrag the hole shut afterwards. saving u from changing buckets.

I was looking for a rock bucket as well. Here is one that i found. 150.00 cheaper and they offered me free shipping.
John Deere Compact Tractor Rock Bucket 54" | Redline Systems Inc - Equipment Attachments - Custom Fabrication - Hutchinson, MN

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
today when i was looking thru my favorites i thought i had saved this one from last winter looking at it.

i left a detailed message on the phone at this Acme WHSE that sells online. but no one called me back today. probably want ya to just use the web page-instead of talking about it.:laugh:

Reactions: pcabe5 and Gizmo2

·
Registered
12,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the guy from Weidman says that the dealers doesn't want to upfront the money for this stuff-that's why they have been selling online thru the 2nd link i posted. but that place never called back today.

another poster here posted another bucket form Redline-it looks just as good-and is $150 cheaper.

i get wound up every time i want something like this-and the dealers won't set it on the lot to buy--at least where i go. it seems the only stuff i see is Frontier attachments and we know why that is-cause it's there own product with a different name.:laugh:

and then a lot of time-them products isn't even on the lot so u can see what ur getting into-before u buy it. sure not like the old days-by a long shot-in my book.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Big Jim,

I have the Redline one John Deere Compact Tractor Rock Bucket 54" | Redline Systems Inc - Equipment Attachments - Custom Fabrication - Hutchinson, MN

I bought it when I had my 2210 and it now works well with my 3025e. I did not get the one that also doubles as a "land plane". Sometimes I wonder if I should have but when I bought the 3025e I also picked up a land plane so the point is moot now. I think I prefer the bucket I have now with individual tines because it seems to make it fairly easy to scoop up big rocks or objects without scrapping the dirt too hard.

A couple of things about a rock bucket based on my experience. If you are going to use it to sift soil, realize MOST rock buckets have 3 inch tine spacing so you are only going to sift the bigger rocks out. Also using a rock bucket as a soil sifter is an exercise in patience. I originally bought mine to help sift my the yard I am trying to create. Well, it didn't work as intended because there are more rocks on my land than probably any other place in the county, no kidding (this maybe Sand Hills of NC but not on my 18 acres). So if you truly want to sift soil either make or buy a no kidding soil sifter. If you want to remove good size rocks, fist size or bigger, then a rock bucket is probably the way to go. I did not find any cheap soil sifter machines unless you went the home made/custom fabricated route. I don't have that kind of time or desire so...I brought in top soil to cover up most of my rocks! Still trying to grow grass so this project is far from done. :greentractorride:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,816 Posts

If either of you two buy one, put me down as wanting to borrow it. Thanks. :munch:

·
Premium Member
13,656 Posts
the guy from Weidman says that the dealers doesn't want to upfront the money for this stuff-that's why they have been selling online thru the 2nd link i posted. but that place never called back today.

another poster here posted another bucket form Redline-it looks just as good-and is $150 cheaper.

i get wound up every time i want something like this-and the dealers won't set it on the lot to buy--at least where i go. it seems the only stuff i see is Frontier attachments and we know why that is-cause it's there own product with a different name.:laugh:

and then a lot of time-them products isn't even on the lot so u can see what ur getting into-before u buy it. sure not like the old days-by a long shot-in my book.
Same here as far as dealers go, but most rock buckets are simply too much for a SCUT, we’ll keep looking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was looking for a rock bucket as well. Here is one that i found. 150.00 cheaper and they offered me free shipping.
John Deere Compact Tractor Rock Bucket 54" | Redline Systems Inc - Equipment Attachments - Custom Fabrication - Hutchinson, MN

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
mussermike and pjr--just now got a phone call back from Acme-the online seller of weidman's rock bucket.

well guess what-the bucket is really built by Redline. the fella him-hawed around not wanting to say where or who it came from at first-but then told me-after why i said i wanted to know where it came from.

so why would a fella buy from them at a added cost of over a $150. so if ya want one go straight to Redline for one. so now i need to call them(redline)

:nunu:still just perturbs me to no end that these jd dealers won't sit even one on the lot. yeah-i know it's money just sitting there-but i still think if u can see it-touch it--first. makes ya feel a lot better on slapping down that much dough to purchase it.:nunu::munch:

·
Registered
12,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If either of you two buy one, put me down as wanting to borrow it. Thanks. :munch:
:banghead: why certainly--u can borrow it-:lol: then i suppose a road trip is in ur future plans-right:lolol:

·
Registered
12,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Big Jim,

I have the Redline one John Deere Compact Tractor Rock Bucket 54" | Redline Systems Inc - Equipment Attachments - Custom Fabrication - Hutchinson, MN

I bought it when I had my 2210 and it now works well with my 3025e. I did not get the one that also doubles as a "land plane". Sometimes I wonder if I should have but when I bought the 3025e I also picked up a land plane so the point is moot now. I think I prefer the bucket I have now with individual tines because it seems to make it fairly easy to scoop up big rocks or objects without scrapping the dirt too hard.

A couple of things about a rock bucket based on my experience. If you are going to use it to sift soil, realize MOST rock buckets have 3 inch tine spacing so you are only going to sift the bigger rocks out. Also using a rock bucket as a soil sifter is an exercise in patience. I originally bought mine to help sift my the yard I am trying to create. Well, it didn't work as intended because there are more rocks on my land than probably any other place in the county, no kidding (this maybe Sand Hills of NC but not on my 18 acres). So if you truly want to sift soil either make or buy a no kidding soil sifter. If you want to remove good size rocks, fist size or bigger, then a rock bucket is probably the way to go. I did not find any cheap soil sifter machines unless you went the home made/custom fabricated route. I don't have that kind of time or desire so...I brought in top soil to cover up most of my rocks! Still trying to grow grass so this project is far from done. :greentractorride:
yeah-i'm torn between the 2 approaches myself. as like u said-still will have 3 inch size rocks to deal with in the garden. to my thinking-i really want a screener type deal. IDK--if one would of been at the dealer's lot-i probably would of had one by now. it's just hard to pull the trigger when ya can't see it in person. but at least being on here -and hearing other people's answers back is priceless.

i am on the side of having a soil sifting screen-and just be done with all stones bigger than 3/4 of a inch-be able to have a nice garden-and to be able to clean any dirt for future jobs around the yard.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
What's nice about them is they don't hold water so it won't rust.:lol:

Ok I'll go quietly back to Lawn and garden now.:hide2:

·
RIP Chris
148 Posts
Jim,

I'm trying to :zip: these days, but...I have to mention a few points to consider.

I think these rock buckets are really more of a semi-finishing tool. First, you want to separate out the really big stuff, then maybe run through the pile with something like these rock buckets. Then, maybe sift it down further to topsoil or whatever.

One thing that jumps out at me, these rock buckets are surprisingly made of A36, about the lowest grade of structural steel you can buy (but thankfully still far better than the Chinese Titan junk :gaah:). I can't believe anyone would use A36 for a rock bucket, certainly for the cutting edge/tips. Don't get me wrong, I know Matt at Redline is a good operator. (I'm sure nobody noticed, but those are Artillian AP-1's on the bucket. :wink:).

I think your intuition is already telling you a rock bucket might not be your [complete] answer. A stationary sifting device would be much more effective for processing a big stoney pile than a sifting bucket, which would become self defeating as you separate rocks out of the pile. The bucket would need to be moving, bouncing, shaking, whatever, to function. Sounds like a mess unless you can do the separating right where the soil is going to go, then dump the rocks somewhere else. Then, it might be great.

What about having a fab shop weld you up a simple grill, say about the size of a mattress, that you can set up to pour your rocky soil over either flat or at some angle? If you construct it right, it will take the hits from all the big ones as well as sort out most of the medium to small stuff too. Of course, you'd need a good working area to put this to use. It would probably be handy to build-in some simple way of grabbing it with the tractor to move it around and position it.

Anyway, just food for thought. Or maybe I misunderstand. Good luck. Sounds like you're going to get a lot of seat time out of the job either way. :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts