Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a rear mount finish mower for my 2032r. I would like it to work with my IMatch hitch. I am looking at either a 5 or 6ft mower. What brand and model should I look for. Probably going to buy a good used one unless there is a reason I should not.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I've had a Woods for the past 22 years and it has been an absolute great machine. Quality built and does a beautiful job on the yard.
I mow just over 3 acres on a weekly basis and the only maintenance I've had to do on this mower is a idler bearing and 1 belt.

One thing I might recommend is a rear discharge, mine is a side discharge and when the grass is high in the wet seasons, it can pile up pretty good from the chute.

Reactions: Brians2032R

·
Registered
592 Posts
I've had a Woods for the past 22 years and it has been an absolute great machine. Quality built and does a beautiful job on the yard.
I mow just over 3 acres on a weekly basis and the only maintenance I've had to do on this mower is a idler bearing and 1 belt.

One thing I might recommend is a rear discharge, mine is a side discharge and when the grass is high in the wet seasons, it can pile up pretty good from the chute.
Sometimes I wish I had gone this route instead of the mid mount.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Hiya,

Any of the major brands (Land Pride, Woods, Frontier for example) should be fine however they won't be plentiful or inexpensive this time of the year on the used market. You should get prices from the dealer as well.

I would stick with a 60" mower, rear discharge for the best clearance mowing in tight spaces. If your mowing wide open spaces, jump to the 72 as it will run it fine but stick at least 3-42 Lb suitcase weights on the front to counter the weight hanging off the back when you lift it.

Also, stick to the light duty versions, you don't need the medium duty with the 2000 series. I had a 2520 with a 60" Sitrix that worked super good, the local dealer had a Land Pride 2572 medium duty he let me try, it would power it well but it was really heavy so I stuck with the lighter Sitrix.

As far as the iMatch, if you find a mower at a good price and it isn't QH compatible, don't sweat it. Since they are on 4 wheels, hooking up is easy and having no QH in the way makes it easier to put the PTO shaft on.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Looking to get a rear mount finish mower for my 2032r. I would like it to work with my IMatch hitch. I am looking at either a 5 or 6ft mower. What brand and model should I look for. Probably going to buy a good used one unless there is a reason I should not.
Hook-O

The first implement purchase that I made after acquiring land in Southern Ohio and a tractor two years ago was a 84 inch (7 ft.) rear discharge Farm King finishing mower. This replaced a nearly worn out 5 ft. Bushhog. The mower was 15 years old when purchased used from Craigslist for 1/3rd the price of a new one. If you've read any of my other posts regarding quick hitches, you'll find that I'm a Pat's ECS champion all the way after a bad experience with a non iMatch Chinese made QH.

The quality of cut is what impresses me the most about my Farm King; it has caster wheels on all four corners and adjustable cut height from 1-1/4" to about 4" tall. It also has an anti-scalping roller and 7 ga. steel deck, so it's "hell for stout" tough. We use an old Simplicity rider to do the cut-out mowing around the creek and trees/bushes, and the finishing mower for the rest. Full disclosure here, my tractor is a JD4720 with enough oomph to operate an even wider mower, but we remain satisfied with the results.

If the rain holds off tomorrow, I'll likely get some seat time. If it rains, the seat time will wait until next week.

Good luck with your decision,

Brian

Reactions: aclass

·
Premium Member
9,816 Posts
I've had excellect service out of my Befco and would buy another in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I have an older woods RM500" I use on my 2032r. It was given to me, I just rebuilt it and it mows great. I tried hooking it to my QH, not an iMatch and the drive shaft is about 4" inches too short. But it does hook up fine. I am thinking of getting a longer shaft so I can use the QH. Other wise I love the way it mows. Better than any MMM I have ever owned.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
373 Posts
Good advice on the weight tomd999, my woods is quite heavy.

TickTock, why do you wish you hadn't gone mid mount, I'm actually considering making the switch to mid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the advice so far, I have looked locally on craigslist and ebay and have not really found anything. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found one! Its a Woods rd6000 and its in great shape I picked it up this morning and it mows great! Think I am going to look for a new set of blades and a anti scalp kit as well as a quick hitch adapter. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I also picked up a giant vac model 2000 3 point leaf/debris blower as well. I bought that on govdeals.com. The woods mower works great, it will take some getting used to though. My yard is not terribly big but I didn't want to have two machines to take care of. I need to find the IMatch adapter kit for it now.

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
I bought a Woods PRD8400 this spring to run behind my 4044R, last night was the second time I have mowed with it. The cut quality is excellent. I had the dealer add the front anti scalp roller and the optional quick hitch kit. It has a great amount of float, and lifted to full height, the deck is level with the ground. I recommend the quick hitch kit with the i match. I can be hooked up in under a minute and unhooked even quicker, takes longer to get off of the tractor.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I bought a Woods PRD8400 this spring to run behind my 4044R, last night was the second time I have mowed with it. The cut quality is excellent. I had the dealer add the front anti scalp roller and the optional quick hitch kit. It has a great amount of float, and lifted to full height, the deck is level with the ground. I recommend the quick hitch kit with the i match. I can be hooked up in under a minute and unhooked even quicker, takes longer to get off of the tractor.
Does the quick hitch adapter have a part number, all I can find is individual parts to put it together. I would like to find it as a complete kit. I will order the anti scalp roller as well. Thanks

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
I also picked up a giant vac model 2000 3 point leaf/debris blower as well. I bought that on govdeals.com. The woods mower works great, it will take some getting used to though. My yard is not terribly big but I didn't want to have two machines to take care of. I need to find the IMatch adapter kit for it now.
nice trailer too. ha-I looked at that blower on gov.deals, i have no need for that here where i live, but it looked neat. glad u got it. how ur woods look's in the rear is how i wanted my frontier to discharge too. the salesman kinda made a mistake,:banghead: when he ordered mine, and it came thru-rear discharge he claims, but with mulcher blades on:banghead: no chains on rear, i still took it, as at the time i really didn't have a great knowledge of RFMers. if it were now, i'dl walked away, and left it there. oh-well it still does a good job.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts