Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I've got a friend who has an 855 and is looking to purchase a loader for it. I'm pretty sure model 70A is the correct one. If anyone knows where he can get one please let me know.

Thanks

·
Administrator
18,340 Posts
That's gonna be a tough find, used loader don't come up for sale often-and when they do they are usually beat to death. Does his 855 have the hydraulics (joystick) already? What is his budget?

I can check JDP later, but I think the 300 loader may fit.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's gonna be a tough find, used loader don't come up for sale often-and when they do they are usually beat to death. Does his 855 have the hydraulics (joystick) already? What is his budget?

I can check JDP later, but I think the 300 loader may fit.
Unfortunatly that's what I thought. He does not have the hydraulics and I'm not sure what he'd be willing to pay. I'm sure if he could find one for $1,500, he'd jump on that deal. Thanks Kenny!

·
Administrator
18,340 Posts
Sorry, but $1500 is a dream. Since he does not have the hydraulics, a aftermarket unit would be best as most of them include them. Woods, Koyker, Bushhog, Westendorf, and Quickie are all good places to start, but he can expect to pay $3500 or so.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Kenny.......I'll let him know. If you do come across one let me know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
70A loader

I have a 70A loader from a 755 tractor that was my dad's. Been stored inside unused last 14 years. Like new.90% paint still on bucket. Still use tractor as mower only as also have 4400 and 4720.

·
Administrator
18,340 Posts
I have a 70A loader from a 755 tractor that was my dad's. Been stored inside unused last 14 years. Like new.90% paint still on bucket. Still use tractor as mower only as also have 4400 and 4720.
WOW! And your in Maine also!

:wgtt:

Reactions: sterling40man

·
Administrator
20,906 Posts
Welcome to GTT!

Bob's gonna freak out. :laugh::laugh:

:wgtt:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,849 Posts

·
Administrator
20,906 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:hi::wgtt:

Welcome from the top of the state Tim! Where are you located? It's a friend of mine that wants the loader. I'll send you a PM with my contact info.

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Dual SVC for 55 series

Unfortunatly that's what I thought. He does not have the hydraulics and I'm not sure what he'd be willing to pay. I'm sure if he could find one for $1,500, he'd jump on that deal. Thanks Kenny!
I have a brand new dual SVC kit, complete, for the 55 series I will sell. The kit is discontinued now. You can piece it out thru JD parts, but you had better be sitting down!. Just the two main hydraulic blocks are over 900.00 each the last I knew.

Allen.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a brand new dual SVC kit, complete, for the 55 series I will sell. The kit is discontinued now. You can piece it out thru JD parts, but you had better be sitting down!. Just the two main hydraulic blocks are over 900.00 each the last I knew.

Allen.
How much Allen?

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Dual SVC

How much Allen?
As i will not need it any more, I was going to put cab on and plumb into PB for 2 rear independent SVC'S, I believe that 500.00 is a fair price given that it is new, and has the handle and all attaching parts. I'd have to re-check what is in the factory box. I bought it as a complete kit.

Allen.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry that loader is Model 70 not 70A. don't know the difference.
Me either. Hopefully some of the fine folk here will chime in. Nice talking to you on the phone yesterday Tim!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As i will not need it any more, I was going to put cab on and plumb into PB for 2 rear independent SVC'S, I believe that 500.00 is a fair price given that it is new, and has the handle and all attaching parts. I'd have to re-check what is in the factory box. I bought it as a complete kit.

Allen.
That's a great price! Will let you know.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,849 Posts

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
70 vs 70A

Sorry that loader is Model 70 not 70A. don't know the difference.
I have a 70A loader on my 955. the main difference between the two is the 70A has larger diameter cylinders, rods in cylinder, and heavy duty packings. There are even two sizes of rods on the 70A. The 70A does have more lifting power, but I wouldn't pass up a 70 in good shape. If you can even find either one of these any more they are in rough condition after all these years of service. Deere did offer the 430, I think 460, 200, and 300 loaders for the 55 series at one time when I looked. The prices for these with the brackets is quite high given what hyd power the tractors have, plus on the 430/460 loaders the rear masts stick up way above the hood. The 70/70A is what I would want on a 7/8/955. They are matched for what hyd's these tractors have.

Allen.

·
Registered
60 Posts
60, 70 and 70A

This in kind of old, so I'm not sure if it changed beyond this printing... that loader sounds like a find:thumbup1gif:. I specifically only looked at tractors with FELs installed because just the loader for sale is so rare, and in decent condition rarer still .02

It looks as if the lifting capacity is based on the tractor loader configuration because the same limits are given for the 70 and 70A on an 855, but the 70A specs more on a larger tractor

fwiw, ymmv

70A specs.jpg

1 - 20 of 22 Posts