Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and ultimately new to John Deere tractors in general. I have done my fair share of tractor engine rebuilds as well as diesel engine work (Cummigs mostly). I am no newbie to the diesel world but have not yet had the chance to work with a Deere!! Well not a live one anyway haa. I have done my research and am interesting in locating a project tractor to keep me busy in the evenings. I want a project tractor that needs work. I am not particularly interested in tractors that need a compete tear down from PTO's to hydraulic pumps or transmission work. I want something in relatively decent shape that may need an engine rebuild or something along those lines. These are the models I am most interested in "2940, 2950, 4020, 3020, 4430, 5020," models similar to these may also be of interest. I have spent some time attempting to locate a project online but most of what I find are in good operating shape and the steep prices reflect the conditions. Please let me know if anyone has any leads or knows of any good candidates for a semi-restoration project. I figured if anyone could help me bring a piece of American history back to life it would be the enthusiastic members of the John Deere forum!!! Thank you guys!!:greentractorride::greentractorride:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
:gtfam:

Reactions: LSilseth

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
44,869 Posts
:wgtt:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.