Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at upgrading my X700 to possibly a new X750.
I cant seem to find any sites with new machines. I found plenty of sites advertising used machines.
Anyone know of a good site to price shop new machines.
Or can someone give me a good idea of what a good deal would be on a new x750?

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
You need to contact these people, Mutton

·
Premium Member
12,288 Posts
Looking at upgrading my X700 to possibly a new X750.
I cant seem to find any sites with new machines. I found plenty of sites advertising used machines.
Anyone know of a good site to price shop new machines.
Or can someone give me a good idea of what a good deal would be on a new x750?
The JD website shows list prices for all new lawn tractors. That will be the starting point for anyone selling.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
12,288 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The JD website shows list prices for all new lawn tractors. That will be the starting point for anyone selling.
Thank you, however I have done all that research including the build and price with options thing from the JD website.

I am just trying to determine what a good discount is.

I bought both the machines I have used, with very low hours in like new condition.

I bought my 740 with 60 hours and my 700 with 50 hours.
I was able to negotiate my 700 down to 5000.00 from there asking 5995.00. Which I had thought the 5995.00 was a smoking price for 50 hour X7 any version.

My 740 was advertised with 35 hours and a bagger system at 11,500.00. They had sold the bagger system off it and it had 60 hours so they lowered the price to 9995.00 and I bought it for 8500.00. So I can see there is some room on used and can price shop used pretty easily. The new ones seems to be a different story.

I like to look around the net on big ticket items like this, just to gage where the bottom end of the price spectrum is. So if I make an offer to a dealer or the dealer offers me a good deal, I want to know it really is or isn't a good deal.
Ie. If I see a JD dealer somewhere in the US offering a new machine at say a $2000.00 dollars off MSRP, and another dealer is only offering them 500.00 off and another at a 1000.00 off. Then that tells me I should make an offer to a local dealer at 2500.00 off and work up from there. If that should fail, then I check with the dealer that had the 2000.00 discount and make sure the product is available, and then move on to looking at shipping quotes to see what it would cost to have it shipped to me, etc. etc.
I have bought Cars, Trucks and also my JD 740 all from long distances and had them shipped to me.

I would love to find another like new/used sub 100 hour X740, vs going with a new one, but I am only seeing 1 more sub 100 hour in the US currently advertised nation wide, and it is over 1000 miles away with 90hrs and snow blower that I don't need and asking price that is pretty high.
I bought the only other one and it had 30 hours less and was closest to me at still 700 miles away, that was about month ago It cost me 450.00 to have it shipped to my door.

I love that 740, and even though I had loved that 700 which actually lead me to buy the 740 for my other home, I am now wishing they were both diesels. That diesel is so smooth, and the larger deck is so nice, It has me now wanting to upgrade that X700.

So I am back to shopping around for a new 750 hopefully one closer to home.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
You really just have to go to some dealers and talk (hopefully you have a few nearby???). The more, the better so there's competition.... You should probably also call Shane at Mutton's. Seems a lot of members here have been satisfied with them

·
Premium Member
12,288 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
You could also try MachineFinder. It would give you an idea of what low-hour used machines are selling for in your area.

Used Farm & Agricultural Equipment - John Deere MachineFinder
I had seen that one, but I had been using tractor house and fast line. But thanks for the reminder on that machine finder site, I just found an 2012 80 hour 740, that is much closer to me then the other one I was looking at in up OH with 90 hours.

That 80 hour machine was not listed on either of the other websites I was using for used searches.
Thanks again. I emailed that dealer just now with a request for more in on the 80 hour 740. Will see what happens.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well that low 80 hour 740 was sold, so I am back to looking at new ones. The nearest new one is 2 hours from here. Might go look at it this weekend end and see what happens from there.

Anyone know if there is any difference in the Diesel engines emission systems on a 2015 vs say a 2012.

I was told last spring when I went with a buddy to buy his 1 series, that the used 201? (I think it was an 11) the dealer had compared to the new 2015 they also had on the lot, that the new 2015 had more stringent emission controls then the used 201?. I am not positive, but I was thinking the diesel in the 1 series was the same as the one in the X740-X750 X7etc. Anyone know anything about the emissions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts