Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been covered already.
We are looking for an Auger attachment for our 1025R. I'm not sure what year it is, possibly 2017. We are looking at an Auger attachment and wanted to see if there were any good alternatives to the PHD100. We don't have a full-time farm so this will only get used to install some fence and replace rotten posts now and again. Soil here is mostly clay and loam, with the occasional root.
Will the Countyline 602377 from tractor supply get the job done?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
That PHD will work! TSC also sell a 3ft auger you can attach to it. That size usually has to be order online. The standard length auger might drag the ground on the 1 series.

Reactions: DaveDelux

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
3,689 Posts
I can't speak to the differences between the two PHD's, however for occasional use or more specifically one project use, "renting" one (buy it, use it, and sell it) from Craigslist would be my recommendation. I've done this with all sorts of tools/etc. over the years, sometimes getting more than or about the same as I paid, sometime less it depending on availability/condition. This can be done with a new item as well, but you'll you'll almost certainly take a hit on the price if you want to avoid dealing with the hassle of storing a PHD, which is likely their biggest complaint among their owners.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Reactions: green_garage

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
The above 3 videos are good examples of how important the quality of the soil is to successful, complication-free augering when using a PHD with a tractor living on the edge of PTO horsepower and lifting capacity like the 1-series.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have had a County Line 9" for a couple of years. A good friend of mine bought it with me.
I have punched over 30 full depth holes for 12 foot drill pipe fence posts.
Yes, it drags the ground some with my 1025r so I wire it up for travel then deal with it during use.
I "store it" in my friend's barn when I am not using it.
I think we paid like $170/ea for it (so $340 total)

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I have had a County Line 9" for a couple of years. A good friend of mine bought it with me.
I have punched over 30 full depth holes for 12 foot drill pipe fence posts.
Yes, it drags the ground some with my 1025r so I wire it up for travel then deal with it during use.
I "store it" in my friend's barn when I am not using it.
I think we paid like $170/ea for it (so $340 total)
Are you using the 9” x 48” inch auger?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sorry if this has been covered already.
We are looking for an Auger attachment for our 1025R. I'm not sure what year it is, possibly 2017. We are looking at an Auger attachment and wanted to see if there were any good alternatives to the PHD100. We don't have a full-time farm so this will only get used to install some fence and replace rotten posts now and again. Soil here is mostly clay and loam, with the occasional root.
Will the Countyline 602377 from tractor supply get the job done?
Thanks
The EA LandShark is made for small tractors. They have videos on their site of it in use. Compact Tractor 3 Point Post Hole Digger (everythingattachments.com)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.