Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a used 4 or 5 foot brush mower. Live in Chester County PA and would be willing to pick up within a reasonable distance.

·
Administrator
18,274 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kenny, I do have a wanted add on Craiglist as well. Figured I would try here also. My biggest issue is finding something in the reasonable (one hour ish radius) vacinity. I need to borrow my neighbors truck or rent a trailer to transport something this big so it is a pain to go much further (particularly if it turns out not to be what I was looking for). I found my tractor on Craigslist and drove all over the place looking at them but knew I would be calling a hauling company to bring it home. I did find my back blade on Craigslist as well. Just haven't found what I am looking for in a brush mower close enough yet!

Dana

·
Administrator
18,274 Posts
How far are you from zip 21158?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kenny I live in zip 19425. Google maps says about 110 miles or about 2 hours.

·
Administrator
18,274 Posts
Kenny I live in zip 19425. Google maps says about 110 miles or about 2 hours.
OK, I was going to look for you-but your a little further away than you want to travel.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank You Kenny! Probably a bit far. There is one Howse 5 footer which is not too far from me but I am like third in line to look at it. We will see. Think that is the best size but may go to a 4 footer as well as what I need to do is not a massive area and have some trees to navigate. Will be a bit rough sledding so I am not so worried about esthetics. For once my wife is seriously encouraging me to buy a tractor related implement and I haven't found one yet! Figures. Won't need it but a couple of times a year so looking used. May even rent one but a couple of rentals and I would have payed for one to have whenever I want to use it.

Dana

·
Administrator
18,274 Posts
I looked for a LONG time (and still do) for a 4' one to cut a road right-of-way that the county only cuts twice a year here...I have NEVER seen a 4' unit on CL for sale, lots of beat-to-death 5' ones though. Your best bet may be the King Kutter XB unit from TSC.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've got a nearly new Woods Brush Bull 60" I'd like to sell. I'm far away from you but my boss lives near Lansdale Pa. I can send you pics.

Matt

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would be interested and lansdale would be fine. Please send me pics and what you are asking. - Thank you Dana

1 - 11 of 11 Posts