1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
12,278 Posts
Marlin-at least there 2 link chains. i don't know if ya can get the ice cutters in small tire chains or not. i don't think that's a bad price at all. unless the cross links are really a soft chain?
i've always been told that good cross links are kinda tempered to make them harder so they wear better. but shoot for mowing duty's in a yard-heck i would try them for $40. i paid $75 yrs a go for a set on my wheel horse. go for it:laugh:

·
Registered
22,632 Posts
You’ve got a pretty good cut in the sidewall there Marlin.

I believe you get what you pay for. Those $40 chains are likely from overseas and won’t hold up for long.

Everyone has had good results from tireshains.com - twice the price but I wouldn’t hesitate to go this route myself.

https://www.tirechain.com/22x11x10.htm

·
Premium Member
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
You’ve got a pretty good cut in the sidewall there Marlin.

I believe . Those $40 chains are likely from overseas and won’t hold up for long.

Everyone has had good results from tirechains.com - twice the price but I wouldn’t hesitate to go this route myself.

https://www.tirechain.com/22x11x10.htm

coaltrain ~ Thanks . . . I see that cut, hopefully the tire will last a long time.

And I agree a hundred percent that "you get what you pay for". Since we need to run chains year-round the $71 chain is probably our best option at this point. I'll see what Missey thinks since we could buy two sets of the Amazon chains for the cost of the better quality chains . . . hmm. :unknown:

:banghead: Just checked tirechains.com and that 22x11x10 chain is out of stock. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
12,104 Posts
If it were me I would have no reservations with the Amazon chains. Like you said, you could buy two sets for what the TireChains.com chains cost. I doubt you'll ever wear them out. I mean, it's not like you are driving down the highway with a heavy vehicle.

By the way, check the TireChains.com FAQ.... their chains come from China and are assembled in PA.

·
Premium Member
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Marlin, I agree with others, 2 link and https://www.tirechain.com/22x11x10.htm
IMO, the cross chains on the tires you posted are on upside down.
:laugh: Funny, I thought the same . . . I always mount mine the opposite of what is shown.

If it were me I would have no reservations with the Amazon chains. Like you said, you could buy two sets for what the TireChains.com chains cost. I doubt you'll ever wear them out. I mean, it's not like you are driving down the highway with a heavy vehicle.

By the way, check the TireChains.com FAQ.... their chains come from China and are assembled in PA.
Yea, two sets . . . we have minimal concrete that would be driven on, 99% grass, dirt and gravel.

I may get the Amazon since the others are out of stock. :hi:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,261 Posts

·
Registered
12,278 Posts
Don't know about upside down but they do look like they are inside out. :lolol:

Levi---u ole scoundrel :hornets::hornets: :lol::lolol:

·
Premium Member
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

jgayman ~ I ordered the Amazon chains for two reasons: I can get two sets of them for the price of one from TireChains.com and secondly, TireChains.com chains in the size I need are 'out of stock'.

And I doubt we'll ever wear them out just using them on grass and a little concrete as we cross a sidewalk or driveway

Thanks for the input everyone. :bigthumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts