Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to locate a member that goes by chuckv, I see in one of his post he has a picture of a 322 with a underbelly mounted blade. If anyone has a blade like that please post where it came from or how you made it.

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
I'm trying to locate a member that goes by chuckv, I see in one of his post he has a picture of a 322 with a underbelly mounted blade. If anyone has a blade like that please post where it came from or how you made it.
I’m sure chuck will be along shortly.

I can say his blade is homemade. Deere didn’t make one for the open frame 300 series. The closed frame 300 series had a 54c available. To fit it on an open frame you need custom rear mounts, custom lift strap attachment points, and a big hole cut in its frame to eliminate hitting the hydro pump and pickup line.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Rainpa,

Yes the center blade was made in my shop. At first I did all the work with simple hand tools and kept the 42 inch width of the donor front blade from lawn tractor. Later a fellow WFM member helped me out with welding on extensions that then totaled 55 inches wide which was a much better configuration for my 322 tractors. I also added additional compliant down-force with a spring arrangement. I will try to attach some saved threads here from WFM since this build was long enough ago that the search engine and archives there no longer have direct links...

View attachment WFM center blade thread.pdf

View attachment WFM thread on center blade widening.pdf

View attachment WFM thread on center blade down force.pdf

Chuck

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. It looks really cool and would be the perfect tool for where I live now here in NC. I would love to have one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts