Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RANT: I just pitched my 30 gallon Fimco spot sprayer in the dumpster. I’ve replaced almost part on this sprayer over the years and today the pump quit again. Another endearing quality is I always have to chase leaks, today the fitting from the liquid pickup to the pump inlet was leaking where it left the tank. My 65 gallon Fimco UTV sprayer is also broken, if it would fit in the dumpster I would be really tempted to pitch it as well.
/ RANT

There, I feel better :hi:

I want a trailer sprayer with a Honda gas engine that I can pull behind my UTV with fold up boom with a hose reel, any price up to maybe $2.5k would be okay.

Any recommendations?

·
Super Moderator
7,949 Posts
Check out our new supporting vendor Superior Tech. They make a good product!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
11,355 Posts
Check out our new supporting vendor Superior Tech. They make a good product!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I don't think Superior Tech has any engine powered units. They are either 12V or PTO driven pumps.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right you are, I didn’t see any gas powered sprayers. Their 12v sprayers do look quite nice though. I want to get away from 12v since I spend quite a bit of time parked walking around with with the sprayer.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
im curious what people come up with also....seems to me to be a hard niche to fill for the price especially engine driven

i am getting decent results with fimco styles but i fill pump and hoses yearly with RV antifreeze at the end of the season

·
Premium Member
11,355 Posts
im curious what people come up with also....seems to me to be a hard niche to fill for the price especially engine driven

i am getting decent results with fimco styles but i fill pump and hoses yearly with RV antifreeze at the end of the season
Do you find it necessary to fill the hoses and pump with RV antifreeze? I just pour some RV antifreeze into the tank and run it long enough until pink fluid starts coming out and then I drain everything out as much as possible.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Do you find it necessary to fill the hoses and pump with RV antifreeze? I just pour some RV antifreeze into the tank and run it long enough until pink fluid starts coming out and then I drain everything out as much as possible.

thats basicly what i have been doing ...i pull out the suction hose and put it in a gal jugs of antifreeze and run the pump till everything sprays pink ....then put it up for the year...before i was doing that i tried blowing it out dry but i was always haveing issues each season startup i assume from freezing etc.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL, I also have a Northern Tool 3 point hitch 12v sprayer. Whoever designs their sprayers apparently have never used a sprayer before. The idiots didn’t bother to put a large (like 3/4” to 1”) drain in the tank, you have to siphon it out. At least Fimco has a drain.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
thats basicly what i have been doing ...i pull out the suction hose and put it in a gal jugs of antifreeze and run the pump till everything sprays pink ....then put it up for the year...before i was doing that i tried blowing it out dry but i was always haveing issues each season startup i assume from freezing etc.

Yep, same problems here. I filled up my Fimco last week and tried to spray with it. The motor leaked and the new wand also leaked. This was not the first winter for it, but apparently I did not get it drained well enough. I ordered a new pump and a new wand today. An expensive lesson.

Dave

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
RANT: I just pitched my 30 gallon Fimco spot sprayer in the dumpster. I’ve replaced almost part on this sprayer over the years and today the pump quit again. Another endearing quality is I always have to chase leaks, today the fitting from the liquid pickup to the pump inlet was leaking where it left the tank. My 65 gallon Fimco UTV sprayer is also broken, if it would fit in the dumpster I would be really tempted to pitch it as well.
/ RANT

There, I feel better :hi:

I want a trailer sprayer with a Honda gas engine that I can pull behind my UTV with fold up boom with a hose reel, any price up to maybe $2.5k would be okay.

Any recommendations?
I've had my 30 gallon Fimco tow-behind for about 10 years. It still works as well as it did the first day, although I did get rid of the hand spot sprayer, and did replace the pump ($70 on Amazon) one year after I forgot to pump some RV antifreeze through it. I only spray about 2 acres twice a year, so for my needs, it's worthwhile to just keep it chugging along as long as the tank doesn't leak.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just ordered a Wylie LGS-50 trailer spray rig $3,750 delivered :bigthumb:

• 50 gallon tank
  • 10' folding boom
  • Hypro silver cast 4-roller pump with 4 hp Honda engine (5.4 gpm @ 150psi) - okay for Roundup
  • 50' of hose with gun and hand crank hose reel
  • High flotation 22x8 tires with wide axle
  • Solenoid valve kit to operate boom from the UTV seat
My brother-in-law has a Wylie 3 point hitch sprayer with pto pump that I've used before and liked it. This is a kilo buck more than I wanted to spend but I know the quality of Wylie so I'm good with the price. My local Bobcat dealer carries a Texas brand called Ag-Meier but their sprayer only came with a B&S engine - no thanks. (Wylie is also a Texas company.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts