Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GTT folks always have a lot of good info on these green machines !! I would like to paint my black wheel weights on my 1025r and looking for some color / scheme ideas . PLEASE pink is not an option :lolol: They are Jacobson Chief cast iron with a J in the middle . Looking forward to any ideas , even some amusement is fine ... :greentractorride:

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks coaltrain

I was thinking on the center J a different color and maybe the other letters ??

The dog in the pics is my little buddy . His name is huggins , a mix of pit bull / dachshund and he will lick you to pieces

·
Registered
110 Posts
Humm....having a bit of fun here. I would say paint them completely yellow except a big pizza slice (probably around the valve stem) so it looks like pac man eating up the grass/dirt as you move. You can even paint the pink bow for Mrs Pac Man if needed. It would also give a very good representation of how fast you going while making videos like "Tractor time with Tim".

Just a thought...I would probably paint yellow with the letters in green or the sunk-in ring in green. If I didn't like it make them full yellow.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I vote yellow...Rustoleum makes a JD yellow matched paint in a can

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for my dog compliment ... He now has a green JD collar so he is OK with black , green or yellow or combinations :bigthumb:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Thanks coaltrain

I was thinking on the center J a different color and maybe the other letters ??

The dog in the pics is my little buddy . His name is huggins , a mix of pit bull / dachshund and he will lick you to pieces
I was wondering, was the mother the dachshund? :confused:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am not sure . I got him at 2 years old from a rescue shelter . He is a great dog and Its the way you raise them I believe . You hear some horror stories about the purebred pit bulls and they were trained to be mean IMHO . I would have liked to seen the mom and dad also.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
I paint it green to start so it's off-set from the yellow rims. Then in the sunken in area where the bolts are, I'd paint it yellow including the bolts and the letter "J" in the center. Good looking dog!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I paint it green to start so it's off-set from the yellow rims. Then in the sunken in area where the bolts are, I'd paint it yellow including the bolts and the letter "J" in the center. Good looking dog!
Thats a different idea Levi !!! Thats a nifty idea !!! Thats for the dog compliment . Maybe we should start a Tractor Time with Huggins ? Better ask Tim first . :cell:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats a different idea Levi !!! Thats a nifty idea !!! Thats for the dog compliment . Maybe we should start a Tractor Time with Huggins ? Better ask Tim first . :cell:
:lol:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
GTT folks always have a lot of good info on these green machines !! I would like to paint my black wheel weights on my 1025r and looking for some color / scheme ideas . PLEASE pink is not an option :lolol: They are Jacobson Chief cast iron in with a J in the middle . Looking forward to any ideas , even some amusement is fine ... :greentractorride:
Are you painting the dog too? :lol:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I am not sure . I got him at 2 years old from a rescue shelter . He is a great dog and Its the way you raise them I believe . You hear some horror stories about the purebred pit bulls and they were trained to be mean IMHO . I would have liked to seen the mom and dad also.
My first lab I got from a shelter and he would have died for me. One of the smartest most loyal dog I have owned. It's all on the way they are raised. Pits. I have known some that would kick you to death and others I would have shot.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are you painting the dog too? :lol:
NO , but believe me he is in to green and knows when its time to mow . When that tractor moves he's some where close laying on the driveway watching his pappy work . Although being a short hair dog we could use green hair dye , black paws and yellow collar . ITs popular these days ... :laugh: :lol:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My first lab I got from a shelter and he would have died for me. One of the smartest most loyal dog I have owned. It's all on the way they are raised. Pits. I have known some that would kick you to death and others I would have shot.
I agree 100% . You can have a good loyal dog without all rough protective stuff . I have my protection by other means . Trained to hurt / kill dogs should be left to the K9 and Military folks

·
Registered
837 Posts
I've never met a dog I didn't like, humans now that's another story. Some people should never have the privilege of having a dog.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts