1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
590 Posts
That is a good idea! Will it lower enough enough to let you place your tiller on it? If so, you might want to replace the plywood with a thicker piece. But, what the heck, just try it the way it is and report back to us. The scaffolding will make cheap roll around storage.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Hey, I picked up a scaffold the other day from HDepot. . . Job Site model good for 1100 lbs.

MetalTech Baker Style 6 ft. x 6 ft. x 2 ft. Utility Scaffold 1100 lb. Load Capacity-I-CISCAS - The Home Depot

View attachment 351570

The plan is the use it for 647 Tiller and box-blade storage. Stacked for the smallest footprint, and mobile.

I suspect someone here has already done this and I'm looking for what worked.

Anyone?? :unknown:

Marlin :cowboy:
I have one of those scaffolds. Got it from Menards on Black Friday for $100. It is definitely strong enough to hold your tiller. Then, sit your box blade on a furniture dolly underneath it.

(You can use forks to raise the platform ...with tiller on it) then latch in the height adjusters at whatever height you want.

Tim

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have one of those scaffolds. Got it from Menards on Black Friday for $100. It is definitely strong enough to hold your tiller. Then, sit your box blade on a furniture dolly underneath it. (You can use forks to raise the platform ...with tiller on it) then latch in the height adjusters at whatever height you want. Tim
Tim - I was thinking of storing the heaviest one on a 'make' shelf on the bottom and the other implement on the scaffold shelf. Angle iron I suppose for the frame for the implement and 3/4" plywood for the floor. . or . . Maybe a furniture dolly for the bottom implement would be okay and cheaper? :unknown:

Marlin :cowboy:

BTW - great deal at Menards, wish I could have found one at the price you stated.

·
Registered
702 Posts
OP- I have 3 of those units stacked up. the top platform is like 18' high. I had to have this to reach all the lighting in my shop. It never occurred to me to use it for anything other than a work platform.

It's stable enough on a level concrete floor at that height, but if your floor is even slightly imperfect you'll need some outriggers for stabilization. YOUR proposed usage, however, should be good to go as long as the heaviest item is on the bottom.

·
Registered
990 Posts
That is a good idea! Will it lower enough enough to let you place your tiller on it? If so, you might want to replace the plywood with a thicker piece. But, what the heck, just try it the way it is and report back to us. The scaffolding will make cheap roll around storage.

Cheap?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts