Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to move to a new property with 2.75 acres including a hillside down to a river. All new, so lots of landscaping to do, and plans to start raising some chickens, ducks, goats, etc., Along with gardening. I am really thinking a tractor would be great to have for all the work.
So, I'm in the market for my first tractor, likely a JD 1025R. I got a quote from the dealer:
20200629_134609.jpg

Can I get a better deal than this...? I like the idea of a new tractor rather than used for the warranty.
Not set on buying all the attachments listed from the dealer, may want a different tiller for example. Any recommendations and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
That seems pretty close to retail pricing. I know on my RC2048 Frontier Mower with the PTO clutch, safety chains front and rear, I paid $1,420. It doesn't appear the tractor includes a front end loader which should be MANDATORY for as useful and helpful as they truly are. It should be an 120R loader.

As Jimmy said, 10% to 14% off of retail prices is where many of the deals are made. Also watch for "Set Up Fees", "Handling Fees" and such. Dealers often use them to drive the price back up.

What are they showing the retail price to be on your equipment? Where are you located as that could also impact price?

Reactions: DynamicFlurry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That seems pretty close to retail pricing. I know on my RC2048 Frontier Mower with the PTO clutch, safety chains front and rear, I paid $1,420. It doesn't appear the tractor includes a front end loader which should be MANDATORY for as useful and helpful as they truly are. It should be an 120R loader.

As Jimmy said, 10% to 14% off of retail prices is where many of the deals are made. Also watch for "Set Up Fees", "Handling Fees" and such. Dealers often use them to drive the price back up.

What are they showing the retail price to be on your equipment? Where are you located as that could also impact price?
Dealer got back to me and said the list price of the tractor plus loader is $18401. So, overall I am getting about $1800 off list price. Sounds like no other discounts are available.

·
Registered
22 Posts
About to move to a new property with 2.75 acres including a hillside down to a river. All new, so lots of landscaping to do, and plans to start raising some chickens, ducks, goats, etc., Along with gardening. I am really thinking a tractor would be great to have for all the work.
So, I'm in the market for my first tractor, likely a JD 1025R. I got a quote from the dealer: View attachment 744923

Can I get a better deal than this...? I like the idea of a new tractor rather than used for the warranty.
Not set on buying all the attachments listed from the dealer, may want a different tiller for example. Any recommendations and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
We were going the same route, and then the dealer told us that we could get a 3025 for only a couple grand more because of the bonus $ being offered by Deere right now. We take delivery in a couple of weeks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We were going the same route, and then the dealer told us that we could get a 3025 for only a couple grand more because of the bonus $ being offered by Deere right now. We take delivery in a couple of weeks!
Congrats! Sounds like a great deal. Too many options and ways to spend the money!

·
Super Moderator
5,587 Posts
Does that include the ballast box?

·
Super Moderator
5,587 Posts
BTW Welcome to GTT

·
Registered
121 Posts
That price seems high-ish, unless it's the "new" (2020 Model Year) tractor.

I bought a 2019 model year 1025R with 120R loader, 54D deck (close in cost to the tiller), iMatch, and ballast box and came in juuuuuuust over 17k delivered. That was in May of this year.

Have you checked with any other dealers to compare?

I had a local dealer give me a quote close to 3000 higher than what I paid for the exact same equipment. He is the closest dealer to me geographically, but that doesn't equal 3k to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was around 11,300 on Tractor, 2019 model made in July 2019. With 120R, 60D and 647 tiller came out to about 17% off list per my pre-purchase build cost spec against msrp. I did add about 2k in options/accessories with a lessor, maybe 10% discount. Versa Turfs were “just the cost of doing business” and not charged any extra.

3550 - 120R
2500 - 60D
2700 - 647

Options: Prem LED kit with both sets of guards, iMatch, 3 bushing kits, load n go, 8 - 42# suitcase, 2 - 70# rear wheel weights with hardware.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Make sure to verify the loader is quick tach AND the bucket as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Might get some heat here - but you could consider the Kubota B2601/2301 as well. Either way, the 1025R is a great machine as well.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Make sure to verify the loader is quick tach AND the bucket as well.
and that its the larger FEL size...if that is still optional...53" instead of 49"

·
Registered
407 Posts
About to move to a new property with 2.75 acres including a hillside down to a river. All new, so lots of landscaping to do, and ...
I know that you were asking about price, but consider this...

Lots of landscaping means lots of digging. You might want to consider a backhoe. Forget the tiller. Sounds like fun, but they are expensive and continuous tilling destroys the soil substructure (aka “tilth”). You can hire out tilling a plot of ground for a garden every few years, but who wants to grab a shovel every time you need to dig a hole, especially when you have a tractor setting in the shed... you can always find used implements, but if you pass on the backhoe now, you probably will never get one.

So here is my unsolicited suggestion - spring for the backhoe, pay someone for a one time tilling, and then pick up a tiller in the future if you decide that you really need one. I bought the 647 tiller with the tractor 4 years ago. I have not yet used it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Here are the quotes I received last May when I bought my 2019 1025R. I bought the front end loader and 60D belly mower. I did not buy the box blade or landscape rake listed in the quote. Both quotes are from the same dealer. They threw in the I-Match and loaded the rear tires. I also bought the insurance they offered. It was cheaper than I could get locally.

I already had pallet forks and a ballast box from my 3038E. The Only implement I sold with the 3038 was the rotary mower. It wasn’t very maneuverable on my 2 1/2 acres.

if you haven’t considered pallet forks you should. Great for moving things around and unloading materials. My most frequently used attachment.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in the market for a 1025r or 2025r tlb, but you can't find one in my area (upstate NY), and I've checked with multiple dealer chains. Seems like a combination of supply delays and shutdowns along with stronger than expected sales, and everyone wants to work around their house since most are limiting their travel. My experience of shopping around recently has seen inventories slowly going down and prices slowly going up on the machines that are available. With demand still there, the incentive for dealers to push the biggest discounts is fading for the time being.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In case it helps, we just bought a new 2020 1025R with loader and backhoe) (FILB? TLB?) for about 19% off MSRP at just under $21,000 from our friendly local pepe dealer.

No sales tax in Oregon thankfully.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts