Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have some tires on which the valve stems are too short to extend through the hubcaps enough to get at them. Many years ago we installed a set of rubber valve stem extenders (~ 1" long) - problem solved. Recently new tires were mounted and we forgot to say something about the extenders and they were lost.

So I'm looking for a new set of decent quality extenders. The ones we had were rubber with a brass core and a schrader valve on the tip and were threaded for a valve cap. Upon initial glance they looked just like a factory valve stem.

All I can find now days are cheap plastic and metal extenders that have little poppets on the tip (see example below). Nothing with threads and a real schrader valve. It also seems everything now has terrible reviews about tires going flat because they leak.

extender.jpg

Are the old style rubber/brass extenders no longer being made by anyone?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm in the same position, ordered new wheels for my truck, they could only get 3 from ford, so they helped me out and got one made in china, the three ford rims you can put air in the tires, the one from china, not without an extender, and I have looked at about all that I could find online, and so far have only found really cheap ones, or ones made for dual wheel trucks. Next tire change the china wheel is going to recycle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts