Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have experience with PTO spreader for the Ltd 3-Pt hitch on a JD 1025R? Was at the John Deere dealer today and looked at Frontier SS2036B (Poly) for $870 or a smaller steel Frontier SS1022B for $670, both of which would only fit on my tractor after they cut-down the drive shafts, and neither of which would work with iMatch. I see that King Kutter makes an XB Mini Spreader that they claim is made specifically for subcompacts. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,781 Posts
I doubt you will find a PTO spreader that is iMatch compatible. Have you looked at the Frontier tow-behind? It has a capacity of 226 lbs. and will spread a 20ft swath.

frontier_spreader.jpg

·
Registered
291 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Do you have to go with a PTO driven spreader? Have you looked at any electric units that plug into a 2" receiver or the electric 3 point units by Herd?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Garber also makes a 3ph drop spreader that's 5 feet wide. Can tow or lift with 3PH. Ground driven drop with an on/off lever. I have an old one and like it a lot. Puts the material where you want it and nowhere else.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I think JD also makes a click n go spreader that is electric. Not sure if you can put click n go on a 1 series. The one the have is mostly targeted at the x-series. But click n go works with the 3ph at the same time on the x-series.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I would look at the Land Pride FSP500 - 350lbs spreader. It is a poly hopper and should be a perfect fit for a 1025R. It retails for around $700 FSP Series Spreaders | Land Pride

1 - 7 of 7 Posts