Green Tractor Talk banner

Looking for teeth for the front loader

9K views 43 replies 26 participants last post by  raco232 
#1 ·
So Saturday I’ll pick up my new to me 2520 and it looks like someone had already drilled the front of the bucket on the loader, is there a company that sells bolt on teeth for it? I have some dirt that has recently been backfilled and graded by my walk out basement which I want to move so I want some more bite for it.

Also I know there is someone’s name I see tossed around for some bolt on hook points, anyone care to remind me of that?

For reference if you look at the loader in the pic you’ll see the holes already drilled

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I'll take a stab at this...

To me, it looks like there's a single row of bolt holes. I'd bet that there used to be a bolt-on cutting edge bolted to the underside of that bucket.

I have seen bolt-on bucket teeth shanks, but typically there are 2 holes for each shank, and usually on much bigger equipment.

Maybe you'll want to look at a couple of possibilities, something like the Piranha tooth bar.. BXpanded Piranha Toothbar

Or .... Heavyhitch's tooth bar... https://heavyhitch.com/product-category/toothbars/

Check out Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks.... Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks <<Home>>

Good luck!!

#3 ·
There are a few options for teeth out there. I would ask your friend's father what was on there. Rather than buy the wrong teeth and have to drill new holes you would be better off trying to match up what it was drilled for.

#7 · (Edited)
This is what I'd do first. Find out what was there and then let these guys know. The guy might have taken off what was there for a reason (ie - it didn't work). So if you let this crew know that "he had a Wang Chung tooth bar on the bucket", someone will have probably had experience with it and can say "that's good stuff - buy one to fit the holes" or "you don't want that thing within 10 feet of your tractor!".

And, maybe he still has what it was drilled for in his garage and just forgot about it. Never hurts to ask.

You've had that tractor less than a week and you're already looking to buy stuff for it!! Oh, man! You ALREADY got it bad!! :laugh: You are going to fit in well around here!! :good2:

#6 ·
I'm very i mpressed with my Heavy Hitch tooth bar Ken's bolt on hooks.

#10 · (Edited)
As posted, you don't want to bolt individual teeth to your bucket. A bolt on tooth bar is the way to go. The majority of them have just 2 mounting points through the side of the bucket. IMO, you can get a decent tooth bar for just about half the price of the Heavy Hitch tooth bar. My.02

#11 ·
If the holes in the bucket are countersunk on the underside, I will bet that is a factory deal. The replaceable cutting edge is held on with flathead bolts. The nuts are on the top side. As posted, you don't want to bolt individual teeth to your bucket. A bolt on tooth bar is the way to go. The majority of them have just 2 mounting points through the side of the bucket. IMO, you can get a decent tooth bar for just about half the price of the Heavy Hitch tooth bar. My.02
Where have you seen these $200 toothbars? Ive been looking for one for a couple months and havent come across anything worthwhile for less than about $300 shipped.
Ive seen several ebay options with no name, for about $250 or so plus shipping, which isnt too appealing considering no idea of the quality of the product.
Bxpanded is $269 plus shipping, $32 in my case, so $300+
Heavy Hitch is $349 plus shipping, $50, so $400. And they have tooth options if you dont like the forked.
The only option Ive seen thats cheaper is a DIY kit that included the teeth and mounting parts (and it looked like I could do a better job making those parts with a hacksaw) that you cut and weld yourself. That was about $150 plus shipping, which was pretty high for what it was.

Either way, please share your options. Several of us are looking now, and Im sure it will be helpful to future owners too.

#14 ·
For what’s its worth Jim, the HH tooth bar isn’t the cheapest but it’s worth every penny IMO. Put it on and take it off in minutes for various tasks.

Reactions: Robnik
#15 ·
This is what I have on mine. Its a W. R. Long Flat toothbar. Its from Everything Attachments. Com I love it. I can plow snow and dig and back drag without leaving toothmarks.

Attachments

#16 ·
I would imagine though that when plowing snow you have to keep the bucket perfectly level at all times to prevent the teeth from digging in.

#20 ·
Picked up the tractor over the weekend, the owner said the original buyer had the bucket set up for teeth but he never followed up which ones and he never had a need for them.

So I guess the next thing to ask, are there any bolt on options I can buy that will bolt into the individual holes or do I just need to get a bar?

As for the snow that’s not a worry as I have a large self propelled snow blower I bought this winter when we moved into our house.

#21 ·
My suggestion is to get a tooth bar.

#23 ·
The easiest to install and amazing digging capability is the Heavy Hitch bar. I wouldn’t do without it.

Attachments

#27 ·
What he said, get the HH and never look back. :good2:

Reactions: ctrider
#26 ·
True, but it is way more expensive than most other options at $490.60 for the 61" version (BW15227). It weighs 124 lb.

#25 ·
My H180 bucket cutting edge is pre-drilled for the Deere individual teeth.

Reactions: PJR832
#28 ·
Those holes are for the optional replaceable cutting edge, no teeth bolt on with a single bolt.

Diagram Parallel Technical drawing Automotive window part

Heavy Duty Bucket and Cutting Edge
CartkeyPART NO.PART NAMEQTYSERIAL NO.REMARKS
1W50426Safety Sign1
2W45253Strap2(A)
3AW30821Loader Bucket1
4BW14764Loader Bucket1(1550MM, Complete Goods/Ship Bundle)
5W46981Cutting Edge1(A) (B)
W46982Cutting Edge1(A) (B)
W46983Cutting Edge1(A) (B)
614H809Nut121/2"
710H1034Bolt121/2" X 1-3/4"
8BW14762Cutting Edge1(1550MM, Complete Goods/Ship Bundle)
CartkeyPART NO.PART NAMEQTYSERIAL NO.REMARKS
BW14763Cutting Edge1(1850MM, Complete Goods/Ship Bundle)

#38 ·
My WR Long tooth bar is great for moving material and digging but it's not ideal for cutting down brush. I think a brush hog would be best for clearing underbrush.

Reactions: glc and PJR832
#37 ·
I don't think to many people have both but I am very pleased with my piranha, especially the extra support to the bucket cutting edge. I will be honest that I don't use my bucket that much and rarely for digging. When I do cleanup I have to be careful or it will dig a hole where I didn't want one.

Reactions: PJR832
#39 ·
Let me first say I don't have either tooth bar but I've read hundreds of forum posts about them. For tearing up underbrush, roots, etc. the Piranha design seems to work best. For digging in virgin dirt or other packed material the traditional tooth bar design seems to work best. Having all the digging force concentrated on the tips of those long teeth will do some serious penetration. I mean, take a look at the tooth bar design used on excavators and other serious digging equipment.

So you really have to decide what types of jobs you will be doing the most.

Reactions: glc
#42 ·
Bolt on Teeth ATI Corporation

You would want ATI TBC - 7MR approximately $440.00. Works really good. Teeth are replaceable if broken.

#43 ·
Teeth for your FEL

I have the Piranha tooth bar & love it for clearing brush, especially prickly ash.
Soil Vegetation Shrubland Plant community Property

#44 ·
I’ll just throw this into the mix, you can build a tooth bar yourself. Doesn’t take very long to weld something up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.