Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a 2012 1026R, 430 hours. Includes a 60D AutoConnect Mower Deck and 54" snow blower. Just by the pictures (have not seen it in person), looks clean. Asking price is 11,900 - is that a fair deal?

Anything else you can tell me about this tractor - positive or negative, would be appreciated.

Also - will be using the snow blower much of the winter maintaining a good 1/2 to 1 mile gravel road - would this combo be up to the task?

Thanks.

Adam

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
My only concern is in Illinois you don't get enough snow for a blower. I have had a 700 ft gravel drive and prefer a snow blade. I live around Moline and lived here for almost 30 years. I think if you look at a new one with 0% your payments would not be too much more. Good luck. Nice to have you join us. :good2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My only concern is in Illinois you don't get enough snow for a blower. I have had a 700 ft gravel drive and prefer a snow blade. I live around Moline and lived here for almost 30 years. I think if you look at a new one with 0% your payments would not be too much more. Good luck. Nice to have you join us. :good2:
Will see be taking the tractor up to my cabin in NW WI - plenty of snow up there plus a very tight one lane gravel road where after a foot or so of snow, there is no more room to push it..

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
I have a early 1026R with the 54"blower ,60"mower, loader, and tiller. The 1026 is the same tractor as the 1025. Deere reduced the HP a bit to get around gov regs. I have had no issues what so ever with my 1026. I have 300 hours on mine. The only repair I have needed to do is replace the drive chain on the snow blower. And that wasn't a big deal as I had a new piece of chain on hand left over from another job.

I have a cabin in N.E. WI. Live just east of Green Bay. I have cleared 4' drifts with little fuss. The blower works well for 12" of snow, any deeper than 16" is very slow going. If you clear your after every snow fall the 1026/blower will work fine. If you only go up north a few times a winter its going to be an all day job for the 1026 to open up a mile of road.

I went with the1026R as at the time I wanted to use the same machine for snow removal and mowing. The 1026 is a lot more mower than I need and is to small for my snow removal needs at times.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
For properties you have you might want to rethink the no loader option.....I see lots of uses for it

·
Registered
49 Posts
No loader, just mower and blower.
Not a bad price, but the lack of a loader is a no-go for me. You might not think you need it, but you would find uses for it and it would help resale value immensely.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
IMO, not having an FEL lowers the value considerably. This is an attachment that most people buying a 1 series wants. So, if you do not need the loader and are confident that this tractor and included attachments meet your needs and wants, I would negotiate that price down. Adding an FEL after the fact is an expensive add on.

Personally, I wouldn't be looking at this tractor unless it had the FEL. Just saying.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,475 Posts
For properties you have you might want to rethink the no loader option.....I see lots of uses for it
Not a bad price, but the lack of a loader is a no-go for me. You might not think you need it, but you would find uses for it and it would help resale value immensely.
IMO, not having an FEL lowers the value considerably. This is an attachment that most people buying a 1 series wants. So, if you do not need the loader and are confident that this tractor and included attachments meet your needs and wants, I would negotiate that price down. Adding an FEL after the fact is an expensive add on.

Personally, I wouldn't be looking at this tractor unless it had the FEL. Just saying.
I have to agree.
If I didn't want a FEL, I'd go with a smaller tractor.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
The same package new will probably $17K plus applicable taxes. Then there is the 0% financing that is worth something, also. You can add the FEL to it for around $3K, assuming you installed it yourself.

It sounds tempting. It would be down to the on-site inspection for me.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Seems my post was unfinished. My unit was a 2016 1025r with 50 hours on it for 13,000$ and I got a 54” blade as well. No loader but I can get one new from the dealer for 3600$ and install it in an hour myself. IMO the unit your looking at seems priced higher. Get a deal and buy some cool attachments!

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
I added a loader to my 1026R 2 years ago. I bought it to dig out a hill to make a back stop for a rifle range. It cost me just under 3k. Installed it myself. The dealer I bought the tractor wouldn’t sell me the loader in the” crate”, claiming they had to install it. I went with a different dealer that was more than happy to sell a loader without installing it.

There are a few after market loaders available for small tractors. However they cost as much as the jd loader. It’s nice to have a loader, but I seldom use it. Mine hasn’t been on the tractor since last June when I used it at my dads place to prep for a concrete slab.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
No loader is a deal breaker.
It depends on what possible promos are running at the time. The only 1025R that comes with the loader factory installed is the FTLB. So if you're not buying a backhoe, the dealer is installing it and somewhere you're paying for that.

When I purchased my second 1025R, the FEL was at the bottom of the attachment priority list. The deal I struck with the dealer was they would honor the quote they gave me for the attachments, with the tractor quote, until the end of the year. I bought it in early June. The original quote on the H120 w/53" bucket was $2712.95. I had to liquidate my 455s and their attachments to make some room and generate funds. So I was buying the attachments: 47 snow blower, MCS20, & Cozy Cab the rest of the year. There was some squealing from the salesman about honoring the prices quoted from June on some of the items that I purchased in the fall. I didn't purchase the FEL until January and I lost my price lock. It went up to $3200.00!!! Now, I was the one doing the squealing and wishing I would have purchased it 10 weeks sooner! We finally agreed on $3000.00. I'll be installing it myself---if winter ever ends here and I can pull the cab and snow blower. It was 5F this morning and we're suppose to get another dump of snow tonight. I put the dock in last weekend, last year.

I don't know if it was a promo that had expired, the price went up (which seems like a big jump) or if they just figured they could get more out of me. I did have a bit of a sorrow taste in my mouth---until I started checking with some other dealers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts