Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 1023E that's been a great little tractor for the last year. Got it last summer, great lawn mowing machine and over the winter an excellent snow blower too. We're moving to a different house with a larger lawn and a lot of potential for the need for a brush hog. I'm looking pretty strongly at trading in the 1023 for the 2038R. Some of the creature comforts that I regretfully skipped on if I got the 1025R I will not short myself with this time around. But anyways, I've got the 47" snowblower and would like to hold on to that if it's compatible with the 2038. I've got the 54" mower deck (pretty sure it's 54) and will probably upgrade to a larger deck anyways, but just in case I was wondering if that's compatible as well? Any insight on that? And while we're at it, what type of brush hog would I have to look at? I know just about nothing about hogs. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
498 Posts
From my limited understanding very little minus 3 point implements.

Front hookup is full three point like a 3 series (59 inch blower compatible) not quick hitch.
Decks loaders etc. are all new

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
The new 2r series uses a front 3pt hitch and a 59" front blower. Quick hitch wouldn't work. Neither would the MMM.

Now if you were to find a used, pre 2017 2032r, that would use the quick hitch and 47" blower you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
913 Posts
I've got a 1023E that's been a great little tractor for the last year. Got it last summer, great lawn mowing machine and over the winter an excellent snow blower too. We're moving to a different house with a larger lawn and a lot of potential for the need for a brush hog. I'm looking pretty strongly at trading in the 1023 for the 2038R. Some of the creature comforts that I regretfully skipped on if I got the 1025R I will not short myself with this time around. But anyways, I've got the 47" snowblower and would like to hold on to that if it's compatible with the 2038. I've got the 54" mower deck (pretty sure it's 54) and will probably upgrade to a larger deck anyways, but just in case I was wondering if that's compatible as well? Any insight on that? And while we're at it, what type of brush hog would I have to look at? I know just about nothing about hogs. Thanks!!!
Wow! I'm envious.:bigthumb:

My local dealer is strongly pushing the 2038R as an upgrade from my 1025R. They sold the two they received as their allotment from Deere on the first day. Now it's order and wait.

When I built what I wanted on the Deere web site - base 2038R tractor, FEL, canopy, no backhoe, no mower, iMatch it came to close to $34K, almost twice the price of my 1025R with FEL, and 60D MMM. I haven't pursued it any further, but just started to wonder what trade-in for the 1 series might be.

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts
My local dealer is strongly pushing the 2038R as an upgrade from my 1025R.
I don't doubt that one bit. I imagine the conversation goes something like this... "Of course! The 2038R would be the perfect upgrade to your 1-series and will do everything you need... what was it you wanted to do with the tractor?" heh heh

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
The new 2r series uses a front 3pt hitch and a 59" front blower. Quick hitch wouldn't work. Neither would the MMM.

Now if you were to find a used, pre 2017 2032r, that would use the quick hitch and 47" blower you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i think you would still need a different quick hitch. The QH for the 1 series is different, IIRC, but the blower would work. Also, the old 2 series is quite a downgrade in the comfort department compared to the 1R tractors.

Also, any 3 point implements you have will work on a new 2R.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Wow! I'm envious.:bigthumb:

My local dealer is strongly pushing the 2038R as an upgrade from my 1025R. They sold the two they received as their allotment from Deere on the first day. Now it's order and wait.

When I built what I wanted on the Deere web site - base 2038R tractor, FEL, canopy, no backhoe, no mower, iMatch it came to close to $34K, almost twice the price of my 1025R with FEL, and 60D MMM. I haven't pursued it any further, but just started to wonder what trade-in for the 1 series might be.
Well, if they gave you $32K for your tractor trade in, it wouldn't be so bad............

1 - 7 of 7 Posts