Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Not a common problem I've heard of. That's what warranties are for. Good luck

·
Registered
588 Posts
I don't recall seeing that seal leak on a 1 series, should be warranty.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
warrantee repair for sure...don't let them try to tell you otherwise. That is not normal and could indicate a bad input bearing.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Maybe Harley Davidson started making stuff for JD? :hide:
rtgt,

You need something more than a chair to hide under after that comment. :danger:

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Maybe Harley Davidson started making stuff for JD? :hide:
This reminds me of the old biker joke. If H-D made an a airplane. Would you fly in it? lol

The other one is. The bike is not leaking it's making it's spot. (Like a dog)

Guess the 2nd joke could be used on a tractor.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
This reminds me of the old biker joke. If H-D made an a airplane. Would you fly in it? lol

That one's pretty common in the Jeep world as well.

·
Super Moderator
8,158 Posts
Found a 4" Dia puddle under my 1025.
It appears to be coming from the bearing that supports the spline shaft
For the main drive shaft.

Is this a common problem?

Al
Before you panic check your hydro fluid level. It could be overfull. Otherwise probably just a nicked seal from assembly. Should be an easy, warranty fix.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
That brings back bad memories just looking at it. I battled an oil seal leak like this twice on a previous kubota. Both times it resulted from cutting tall grass/weeds. Fescue/weeds would wrap around the shaft and eat the seal up. The fact you can take a picture of it says a lot. On the kubota, it was a fairly big tear down just to get to it. If your leak is simply a leak then it's most likely a one time fluke and once repaired you will never deal with it again. If your leak is a result of something such as grass/weeds getting wrapped around a shaft and damaging the seal, I'd probably keep that bit of info to myself and do something to prevent it happening again. It took me replacing the seal twice before I finally made a skid plate to go on bottom of tractor to prevent it.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Definitely get it checked out by the dealer if you're still under warranty. I had a leak in the same area, I just thought it was a bad seal too, turned out to be a casting defect. Dealer had to change the front casting of the transmission. Ask the dealer to check it thoroughly and put a dye in the hydro oil to make sure. You don't want to have a hidden problem that you may not find until your warranty expires.

Dieselshadow (Jason) had a leak with his 1026R too, unrelated issue to mine.

Major leaks don't happen too often, but be on the safe side and get it checked out.

Here's a link to our sagas: http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/2923-1026r-leak.html

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dealer is picking it up tomorrow afternoon.

Service manager believes it's just the seal and should be done in a day.

It's only has 7 hours on it so far and hasn't even made it off the gravel drive yet. Been using the FEL to
fix the rut's.

So far no real worries as long as it's fixed right.

Al

·
Premium Member
9,837 Posts

Just marking is territory.

I think HD also had something to do with the CH-43 helicopter. First time I got a ride in one I was noticing a few hydro leaks. The crew chief told me the leaks were not a big deal, it was when it quit leaking that there would be a problem.

rtgt,

You need something more than a chair to hide under after that comment. :danger:
What, you don't like HD? :dunno: Heck I thought it was a complement. :flag_of_truce:

Gizmo has been a bad influence on me.

That one's pretty common in the Jeep world as well.
I can second that. If I drove mine regular, no problem. If I left it for more than a week, I'd get a little spot on the floor from the rear main seal.

I always thought it just didn't like to be ignored. :pickup:

Hope your dealer takes good care of you. :bigbeer:

Reactions: pcabe5 and mark02tj

·
Registered
929 Posts

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Yep it's a Duster, we drag race on weekends most of the summer.

Al
Last one I seen was a Ruster. lol
Yours is oviously not one of them. What is the run down on the drivetrain? Like small or big block, stick or auto transmission, what 1/8 or 1/4 mile times?

Reactions: etcallhome
1 - 20 of 40 Posts