Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's that time of year... Just put on my 54" front mounted Snow Blower. As I made progress going through the reattachment to the tractor process, Check this, Check that.... Found that the two sheer bolts were loose... and two nuts#15 that are attached to Bolt#10 that are attached to Bracket #9. Both were 1/4 bolt length loose. Only two winters on this blower.... Should they back out again... "locktite"? The shear bolts are a given I would guess.

John Deere Parts Online Catalog: Info Discount Prices

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
It's that time of year... Just put on my 54" front mounted Snow Blower. As I made progress going through the reattachment to the tractor process, Check this, Check that.... Found that the two sheer bolts were loose... and two nuts#15 that are attached to Bolt#10 that are attached to Bracket #9. Both were 1/4 bolt length loose. Only two winters on this blower.... Should they back out again... "locktite"? The shear bolts are a given I would guess.

John Deere Parts Online Catalog: Info Discount Prices
JD blocked my access to that drawing, but shear bolt nuts should NOT be TIGHT! Just enough tension to keep the nut from coming loose and most of them come with nylock nuts for this purpose. IF we are not talking about the actual "shear pin/bolt"... disregard.:thumbup1gif:

Reactions: farmgirl19
1 - 2 of 2 Posts