Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,680 Posts
My condolences. Thoughts and prayers for everyone feeling the loss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Just lost my best friend of over 60 years, and I am really bummed out. Any suggestions?

Dennis
Sorry Dennis for your loss. My suggestion as I have done, gather your friends that were part of the group and go out and reminisce about your lives together. Have a couple drinks for your friend and remember your buddy every day as only you can.. That memory will never go away.. Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
What Jeff said.

Sadness is for the living, and that's OK. He's not sad or in pain anymore. Just remember fondly, do the good things you learned from him, and celebrate his life.

-J.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Sorry for your loss 2lane. The advise that Jeff gave is perfect.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Your memory can't be taken from you.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,744 Posts
Condolences, the older we get the more friends we lose, have loss 3 in just the last couple of years, they are never forgotten,
especially the good times.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Sorry for your loss

Saw your post. Had a rough career and too many to count. They say that time heals all wounds. I can only say, that time certainly and absolutely helps but there is scar tissue like any wound. Reflect on the positive memories and every day gets a little better. They say that when one gets old the only thing of true value are good memories. That is so true when we are a little closer to the exit than the entrance. Stay strong and look forward.

God Speed,
Donald J. Ruland

·
Corndog Hater
11,688 Posts
You've gotten some sage advice above. Thoughts and prayers go out to you 2Lane.

·
Administrator
20,684 Posts
Remember the good times, not the end. It was the journey that was worth it all in the end, right?

My condolences. :hi:

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Cherish the memories and sympathies to you and all who knew him/her.

Then start/continue working on your bucket list.

·
Premium Member
14,726 Posts
My condolences. Thoughts and prayers for everyone, you still have your happy memories.

·
Super Moderator
8,045 Posts
Sorry about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I've lost a couple of best friends over the years due to illness and accident. They're still with me in my head and heart. I'm sure your friend will be with you as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Remember the best of your friend lives on through you.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Sorry to hear, take care.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
My condolences.

·
Registered
12,309 Posts
2lanecruiser--sorry to hear about ur friend. :pray:'s for u and his family. i just had attended my 40th school reunion the other week. seen a fella i hadn't seen since the oldest boy played little league,over 20 some yrs, talked to him-only to find out he was fighting cancer---the vey next week-i walk out to get my paper out of the box-look at the obituary's first thing every day-his name was in there. yelp getting older -sucks for sure

1 - 20 of 36 Posts