Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow or another, I managed to snag the coupler dust caps from the loader connections on my 1025.
Probably out in the woods somewhere ... :unknown:
Now need another full set ... Any Recommendations? ... Anyone know offhand, what size I need?

G

·
Registered
12,337 Posts
Somehow or another, I managed to snag the coupler dust caps from the loader connections on my 1025.
Probably out in the woods somewhere ... :unknown:
Now need another full set ... Any Recommendations? ... Anyone know offhand, what size I need?

G
:unknown: i think KennyD is selling them dust caps on hids website---look his website up the vendors site.

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts
Did you lose the tractor-side caps or the loader-side caps that go on the loader hoses themselves.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
kennyd sells them I am sure he will be able to tell you what size you need :bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you lose the tractor-side caps or the loader-side caps that go on the loader hoses themselves.

Both ... The loader was on the tractor, so the dust caps were connected to each other and kind'a dangling below the couplers ...
They must have snagged on some brush in the woods. Lost 'em all ... Went back to look for them ... No luck ... :banghead:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:unknown: i think KennyD is selling them dust caps on hids website---look his website up the vendors site.
Saw the dust caps on Kenny's site ... Was looking for color coded ones.

Did see some on Amazon, but didn't know what size I needed for my couplers.

G

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts
Here are the OEM covers from JD.

18W53383Plug1Dust, Blue
W53385Plug1Dust, Black
W53384Plug1Dust, Yellow

W53382Plug1Dust, Red
M132034Plug1Green Male Dust

5W53373Cap1(A)
W53374Cap1(B)
W53375Cap1(C)
W53376Cap1(D)

(A) Red(B) Blue

(C) Yellow(D) Black

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are the OEM covers from JD.

18W53383Plug1Dust, Blue
W53385Plug1Dust, Black
W53384Plug1Dust, Yellow

W53382Plug1Dust, Red
M132034Plug1Green Male Dust

5W53373Cap1(A)
W53374Cap1(B)
W53375Cap1(C)
W53376Cap1(D)

(A) Red(B) Blue

(C) Yellow(D) Black
Thanks for the diagram / parts description, but that still doesn't tell me what size couplers I have.

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts
Thanks for the diagram / parts description, but that still doesn't tell me what size couplers I have.
JD Parts detail shows this:

Part Number:
W53383
Part Price: 4.37 USD
On Hand:
1 Check Other Stores
Description: Plug - PLUG, PLUG, 1/4 MALE DUST (BLUE)

·
Administrator
18,003 Posts
They are 1/4".

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JD Parts detail shows this:

Part Number:
W53383
Part Price: 4.37 USD
On Hand:
1 Check Other Stores
Description: Plug - PLUG, PLUG, 1/4 MALE DUST (BLUE)
So ... They're 1/4" ?? I thought they looked bigger than that.

·
Administrator
18,003 Posts
The 1/4" refers to the "body size" of the coupler, not actual dimensions.

·
Registered
12,337 Posts
that's why at the bottom of ur post is where u insert what kind of machine-tractor size u have. if that was there--then we could of told u-or directed better. fill that-ok thanks

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts
The 1/4" refers to the "body size" of the coupler, not actual dimensions.
This has always blown my mind when dealing with hydraulic couplers. The fact that a 1/4" coupler has no measurable dimension that is 1/4". :banghead:

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts
that's why at the bottom of ur post is where u insert what kind of machine-tractor size u have. if that was there--then we could of told u-or directed better. fill that-ok thanks
The OP's initial post did mention 1025R.

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
This is why when I have a front attachment mounted, I take the QC dust caps and tuck them in around the lines. I don't leave them hang.

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,003 Posts
This has always blown my mind when dealing with hydraulic couplers. The fact that a 1/4" coupler has no measurable dimension that is 1/4". :banghead:
Yup, same with the evil NPT fittings!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I tied a knot in each one so they wouldn't hang as low and catch on something. They also don't sit on mower deck and get as dirty when I'm mowing.:good2:

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Saw the dust caps on Kenny's site ... Was looking for color coded ones.

Did see some on Amazon, but didn't know what size I needed for my couplers.

G
I got the ones from Ken. You use colored zip ties to attach them. My originals were still there but the crap material they are made of had hardened and were unusable. No way the new ones were any better, so went with Kenny D's. Much more supple, and work great. Thought I'd miss the colored ones too, but not worth replacing every couple years.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Both ... The loader was on the tractor, so the dust caps were connected to each other and kind'a dangling below the couplers ...
They must have snagged on some brush in the woods. Lost 'em all ... Went back to look for them ... No luck ... :banghead:
Oh, you'l lfind them, the day after your new ones come in the mail. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts