Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed tonight that my 1026 idles @1500 RPM, this seems high to me. What do you all think?

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts

·
Corndog Hater
11,469 Posts
I tested a 1026R today and I noticed that it seemed to start at a higher RPM than a 2320, could be just me though. The 1026R is a real nice machine.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the input. I finally took a good look at the owners manual and all of you are right. Guess I'm just use most diesels idleing @900-1000 RPM.

·
Registered
81 Posts
John Deere 1026R "Pictures"

Ok Jeff, Randy is not going to ask so I will, where are the pictures?
It's been a week now!!
Joe

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Ok Jeff, Randy is not going to ask so I will, where are the pictures?
It's been a week now!!
Joe
:good2::thumbup1gif::good2::thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
For anyone with a 2012 1026R . . .
What is the idle speed on the new model? :unknown:

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Thanks!

I thought I remember reading that the 2012 model idle speed was slightly reduced. Guess not . . . :think:

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
2012 My 1026R idles at over 1500 RPM also.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Check out this video I posted in this thread. My 1026R idles at ~1200RPM and maxes out at ~3100RPM with full throttle. My LCD RPM readout for the mid-PTO (video) reaches slightly over 2000RPM (should be 2100RPM) and the rear PTO (video) reahes slightly over 520RPM (should reach 540RPM). I've never given it much thought beyond the original post's conversation but now it has me thinking I might need to investigate this some more. My manual does list the idle speed at 1575 +/- 25 RPM. I have not experienced any problems using my tractor even with the lower idle. Has anyone else with the RIO equipped 1026R noticed a lower idle RPM when using their tractor?

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Now I remember seeing your video. Thought your reduced idle speed was a feature of the 2012 model. IMO, it WOULD be an improvement! :thumbup:

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx.

·
Administrator
20,466 Posts
I tried lowering the idle speed and started to get a harmonic vibration from the hydraulic pump(s). It sounded very similar to your video only more pronounced. I suspect that is one of the reasons for the higher idle speed setting.

You can adjust both low and high idle (full throttle) with set screws on the side of the injector pump. You'll need two 10mm open ended wrenches to adjust them. Your cable might have to be adjusted too. When you take the right engine side cover off, it will be self explanatory. :good2:

·
Registered
82 Posts
I tried lowering the idle speed and started to get a harmonic vibration from the hydraulic pump(s). It sounded very similar to your video only more pronounced. I suspect that is one of the reasons for the higher idle speed setting.
Aha! More than just emissions, then, eh?

I find it funny that the manual uses the description "high idle" for max engine RPM.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts