Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I got all 4 tires ballasted on my 5115R. IT seems like they got too much air pressure in them. With valve stem at 12:00 position fluid still comes out. Do they need to be off and lying down?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,122 Posts
Rotating the tire to the 12 o'clock position is the correct approach. It sounds like they might be over filled with fluid as well. Do you have a way to jack up one tire at a time to get the weight off it? Realizing that on the 5115R you're probably dealing with a lot of axle weight.

Laying loaded tires flat on the ground is usually not recommended due to the difficulty with picking them back up. But if you have a way to lift the tire back into position I can't see it hurting anything.

Reactions: Zebrafive

·
Registered
433 Posts
well I got all 4 tires ballasted on my 5115R. IT seems like they got too much air pressure in them. With valve stem at 12:00 position fluid still comes out. Do they need to be off and lying down?
Thanks
No. It's very common for the tires to be filled with fluid past the stem when in the 12:00 position. Mine are.
Get yourself a gauge that is made for fluid filled tires and wash it out after you use it. In a pinch you can use a
regular gauge but you must wash it out thoroughly when done.

:greentractorride:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts