Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
I love mine, that being said I bought it in a package deal with my X590. I use the mounted sprayer specifically for dandelions and my pull behind sprayer I use for watering a large garden 500 feet from the nearest hose. The biggest benefit to the mounted sprayer is speed. You can immediately back up and turn around to start your next path. I can also get into tight spaces to use the wand.

·
Premium Member
12,104 Posts
Is it "worth" the price JD is charging? Probably not. :) But it is much more convenient and more maneuverable than a pull behind. I have had one for about 4 years that I use with a X500. Even when completely full I have no issues with the weight. I use it mostly with the wand but also occasionally with the boom.

One other thing I like is it is easy to store. I hang mine right on the wall when finished. My brother has a pull-behind and it is always cluttering up his garage.

The one disadvantage that is has compared to a pull behind is that due to the weight with liquid you cannot dismount it without first emptying it. Whereas with a pull-behind if you needed to you could unhook it, go do something else, and then come back later hook back up and continue. This really hasn't been a problem for me though.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Is the JD sprayer worth the $486 price. I can get a fimco 25 gallon pull behind sprayer for $250.
Also, which tractor do you own? 22681 fits the X300-X500 series. The 22682 that you mentioned, needs an extra mounting bracket which is a little over $100 you would need to add to the total price.

·
Premium Member
12,104 Posts
Also, which tractor do you own? 22681 fits the X300-X500 series. The 22682 that you mentioned, needs an extra mounting bracket which is a little over $100 you would need to add to the total price.
You are correct but you have some numbers transposed. :)

LP22861 fits the X300/X500 $459
LP22862 fits the X700 Click-N-Go mount $486
BM20714 is the Click-N-Go mount $116

That Click-N-Go really jacks the price up on an otherwise expensive sprayer. You have to be careful as you will sometimes see the Click-N-Go version advertised for the X400-X500-X700 but the X500 they are referring to are the "old" X500 styles like the X595.

But the bottom line is that regardless of the way it mounts the two 25-gallon sprayers are identical in the way they operate.

·
Registered
147 Posts
You are correct but you have some numbers transposed. :)

LP22861 fits the X300/X500 $459
LP22862 fits the X700 Click-N-Go mount $486
BM20714 is the Click-N-Go mount $116

That Click-N-Go really jacks the price up on an otherwise expensive sprayer. My X500 uses the good 'ol Car-Go mounts. I have no idea why JD did away with it. You have to be careful as you will sometimes see the Click-N-Go version advertised for the X400-X500-X700 but the X500 they are referring to are the "old" X500 styles like the X595.

But the bottom line is that regardless of the way it mounts the two 25-gallon sprayers are identical in the way they operate.
Yeah I noticed the numbers were backwards after I hit reply. My sprayer does not utilize the cargo mounts on my 2015 X590. The bottom of the mount is secured to hitch with a pin, and the top secures to a bracket mounted just above the hitch on the tractor’s frame. I can take the empty sprayer off in 10 seconds or less.

·
Premium Member
12,104 Posts
Yeah I noticed the numbers were backwards after I hit reply. My sprayer does not utilize the cargo mounts on my 2015 X590. The bottom of the mount is secured to hitch with a pin, and the top secures to a bracket mounted just above the hitch on the tractor’s frame. I can take the empty sprayer off in 10 seconds or less.
Duh! My X500 mounts the same way. For some reason I was confusing the sprayer with my bucket mount which does use the CarGo mounts. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a x738. I already have the click-n-go bracket for my suitcase weights. I was thinking about adding a 3 point hitch. If they sell a sprayer cheaper for a 3 point I might be interested to go that route.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a x738. I already have the click-n-go bracket for my suitcase weights. I was thinking about adding a 3 point hitch. If they sell a sprayer cheaper for a 3 point I might be interested to go that route.
Fimco has a nice 3-point for around $350. I looked at one for the 1025R I had before I traded it in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I purchased the 25 gal tow behind sprayer for the first time this year to spray instead of mow the perimeter of my 5 acres. Worked perfectly towed behind my X758; That said would have liked the on -off switch to be a little closer to my hand so I wouldn't have to reach behind, repositioning the switch farther forward on the cable would be better and would have figured out a better way to locate the wiring as it runs over the hand sprayer line so you have to disconnect the wiring to unwind the hand sprayer. Not big issues but would be an improvement in my opinion. Otherwise did the job of killing everything adjacent to the fence line so I never have to mow that area again. Only other comment is that it runs out of fluid pretty fast at 2 gal a min.

·
Premium Member
8,784 Posts
After having had several FIMCO sprayers, when I bought my new tractor last October, I ordered the Deere 45 gallon 3 point sprayer LP22886 without the spray boom for my 1025r. It's a very nice quality sprayer and made well. Everything about it is made as it should be. Yes, it was about $800, but it's a very nice sprayer and likely the last one I will ever have to buy.

One big advantage to Deere "branded" attachments, implements and components is that the parts should be available through the Deere parts network and your dealer for many years to come. Sometime, getting replacement parts for some other brands can get a little sketchy with products as they get some years on them.

I have owned several FIMCO sprayers over the years. Many of them eventually had either pump issues or complete pump failures. To keep the price down, FIMCO tends to use very cheap pump units and fitting and components compared to the Deere branded sprayer. The hose is cheaper, which means not as flexible and kinks easier. Just little things but they can add up to big difference.

Also, some of their sprayer wands and nozzles are reflective of their cheap price and often leak, drip and just don't work as they should. When spraying weed / grass killer, you sure don't want the spray wand dripping or leaking solution all over the areas where you don't want the kill solution.

I have used both the trailer mounted sprayers and the 3 point hitch mounts. Having a sprayer designed for your specific application which mounts to the OEM mounting system is always a nice benefit. It makes using the sprayer easy and predictable. I prefer a sprayer mounted to the rear of the tractor so it follows the tractor and permits you to effortlessly back into areas to spray and not worry about very tight turns, etc.

45gal High Performance 3-pt Hitch Sprayer (LP22886)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Does anyone know if the tow behind sprayer, I have the 25 gal model, specifically the hand held sprayer wand, has a Fan spray nozzle available?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I have a X580 and was looking at the mounted sprayer. When mounted, can I still hook a trailer to my mower? ISPTrooper, how is the spray pattern on the pull behind sprayer. I have a garden away from any water hose also. How long is your hose? Does it spray gently?

·
Premium Member
12,104 Posts
I have a X580 and was looking at the mounted sprayer. When mounted, can I still hook a trailer to my mower? ISPTrooper, how is the spray pattern on the pull behind sprayer. I have a garden away from any water hose also. How long is your hose? Does it spray gently?
No. Due to the weight when filled the sprayer has a support bracket which attaches to the hole where a trailer would attach.

The nozzles on the boom gives about a 60-degree spray pattern. The total spray width is 90-inches.

The wand hose is ~20 feet long. The nozzle is adjustable from a gently mist to a strong stream.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
J, how hard is the support bracket to take in and off?

·
Premium Member
12,104 Posts
J, how hard is the support bracket to take in and off?
It comes off with the sprayer. Let me explain. I have a X500 but I have to believe your tractor uses the same mount.

You first bolt the hanger to the tractor (item in yellow). Unless you have a bagger or something else that would interfere you can leave this on the tractor permanently. You can also pull the two hairpins and take the big part of the bracket off (#10), leaving only two studs sticking out from the tractor (#6).

The parts shown in purple and orange are part of the sprayer frame and are bolted to the tank. Rod #5 sits down over the two hooks on the previously attached bracket and then rod #7 sits on top of the trailer hole flange and is secured by inserting pin #9 into the trailer tow hole and secured with the hairpin.

Rod #7 and pin #9 is why you cannot pull a trailer while the sprayer is mounted, plus I think the trailer tongue could possibly catch on the sprayer boom arms and damage them.

I hope this helps.

sprayer_mount.jpg

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
It does. Thanks, buddy. I need a sprayer for watering the garden and other plants on the property. The reasoning for my question is that I like to use my model 80 cart all the time. One of the handiest things I have. Just wondering how much work I would have to do to take off the sprayer so I could hook the cart up.

·
Premium Member
12,104 Posts
It does. Thanks, buddy. I need a sprayer for watering the garden and other plants on the property. The reasoning for my question is that I like to use my model 80 cart all the time. One of the handiest things I have. Just wondering how much work I would have to do to take off the sprayer so I could hook the cart up.
Assuming the sprayer is empty, removing it takes 90-seconds. You unplug the power cable, pull the hair pin, remove pin #9 and lift the sprayer off the tractor. I mention empty because it would be a bear to lift off with liquid in it.

I have a 17P cart and use it for *everything*.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I took the nozzles off of the pull behind sprayer to allow more water to flow on a specific row of sweet corn. I used the wand to water everything else. Personally I think it worked great, and will do the same thing when we decide to have a garden again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts