Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old LT155 suddenly wont move unless I push it. Worked all right two years ago but after sitting for a year I cant get it to move. I have taken the transaxle out but havent opened it up yet. Can anyone tell me how to assess its condition? All I know is that with the "push lever" on the rear all the way in it will not engage either in forward or reverse. No sign that it even wants to move. Now that it is out I cant get the drive pulley to turn my rotating the axles or vice versa. What am I seeing guys or gals? Thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you had a rear wheel removed lately?

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
I did remove left rear wheel to replace gas tank. And now that you mention it I did not find a key in that wheel when I took it off for my now ill-fated progression into the transaxle. Where I found nothing amiss.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the eye opener. Should have known it could be simple.
xcopterdoc- Well your suggestions worked. Put it all back together (with keys in wheels) and it now moves. Thank you. JD store was closed so I used 10-30 synthetic oil (Valvolene). Forward seems fairly strong but reverse is barely working. Was my oil choice bad or should I have spent the money on new pump and motor (appx $525)? Thanks again

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Based on the fact that it goes forward fine, I don't think you have a trans issue. More than likely it has wear in the linkages that are stacking up tolerances. A lil here, a lil there,makes for alot when you get to the trans.
Your choice of oil should be ok.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts