Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rewiring my LT133 because grounding issues caused some wires to burn. In the rewiring process I labelled all my wires before cutting them but for some reason, in building my DIY wiring harness, I believe that I may have reversed the stator wires. I just want to be sure that I don't need to worry about polarity of the stator wires. Since the stator is generating AC and the stator wires are not grounded, I'm inclined to believe that polarity is not an issue but would like confirmation from someone who knows for sure. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,496 Posts
I'm rewiring my LT133 because grounding issues caused some wires to burn. In the rewiring process I labelled all my wires before cutting them but for some reason, in building my DIY wiring harness, I believe that I may have reversed the stator wires. I just want to be sure that I don't need to worry about polarity of the stator wires. Since the stator is generating AC and the stator wires are not grounded, I'm inclined to believe that polarity is not an issue but would like confirmation from someone who knows for sure. Thanks.
On the old Kohlers, 110-112,400, I guess I should say K- Series motors they are ac and there is no polarity. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Model CV135 Kohler

Mine is a model CV135 Kohler. Bought new in 2001. Like you say, pretty sure it's AC so if I inadvertently swap the wires going from the stator to the regulator I think I'm still OK. Regulator wires are still going to the correct terminals on X4 connector.

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts