Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Have you considered just going with the basic circuits required for it to run and working from there to find the problems? I recently brought home a LA110, that had severe mouse munching on the wiring and the previous user had bypassed ALL the safety switches, relays, etc., to make it run. It was a nightmare to get back to stock wiring, but at least it ran when I got it. You had to choke it to kill it, but it ran. I'm guessing the wiring issues you are running into are because one, or more of the safety switch circuits failed and the previous owner tried work arounds, that didn't work. The voltage regulator over heating may also be from a grounded wire in one of those safety circuits, that is not supposed to be grounded. The ground that runs to your ignition switch is to kill the magneto, when the switch is turned off. When that was missing from my wiring, it was why I couldn't turn off the engine with the key. Good luck with you wiring project. It's lots of fun.:cool:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Good luck getting the flywheel off. Not being sarcastic, it's just they can be a real PITA. Harbor Freight has started selling some decent tools. I bought one of their Hercules angle grinders a couple of years ago. A well made tool, but the small plastic slide switch broke and there are no parts available. I happened to have another one that launched itself to an untimely death, so I was able to salvage the switch from it. If they ever start offering a complete catalog of replacement parts, I'll consider them for more power tools that I plan on using long term. I'm up to four angle grinders now, so it probably won't be one of those.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts