Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Green Tractor family, need some help. I bought a LT155 second hand and have had it for about 2 years. Never a problem with it (except some deck rotting that I got a welder to help me handle) until now. Whoever had it first rigged it so that I can cut in reverse without hitting the extra switch thing (RIA or RIO or something). The switch isn't even there anymore but all of a sudden it's cutting off if I attempt to cut in reverse which sucks!

I'm really hoping you genius' can help me fix this issue. Please please please!

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Sounds like the switch may actually still be in the circuit, but is tucked away somewhere (not under the seat). Do you think the previous owner may have just installed a jumper on the RIO switch and the jumper got disconnected?

·
Super Moderator
5,099 Posts
There are numerous sites out there with instructions on how to bypass that RIO switch. Sounds like the prior owner did exactly that and that'd be the first place I'd look for problems. It could be as simple as a wire connection coming apart. You'd have to remove the cowlings and look at what he did and go from there.

In the mean time... :wgtt:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said. :wgtt:

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
I have an LT160 which should be similar to your LT155. Under your dash will be a pair of white wires with a black receptacle that would have been attached to the RIO switch. That receptacle might be jumped with a jumper, or the previous owner may have simply cut the wires and joined them.

My wires are jumped and have been since the LT160 was new. I have the RIO wires looped around the ignition wires to hold them out of the way. I grabbed a couple images to give you an idea what you are looking for.

The RIO switch appears just to the top-right of the green jumper wire:

RioJumped.jpg

The jumper wire:

RioJumper.jpg

Tied to the ignition wires where its been resting comfortable for many years:

JumperTied.jpg

You should be in for an easy fix and I wouldn't be surprised if you had a jumper wire come loose. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
:wgtt:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts