Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been through the manual. Is there a chart showing all of the grease points for 1023 and 1025 tractors??

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've been through the manual. Is there a chart showing all of the grease points for 1023 and 1025 tractors??
Tractor Time with Tim has a couple videos that show where to grease the 1025R if I recall correctly. This is from his page and also has a video at the bottom of it.

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
I just briefly looked at a couple 1023e operators manuals on JDs tech manual site. The 2017 manual is, let's say, confusing. An older manual showed the MFWD driveshaft, main driveshaft and steering cylinder on one page, grouped together. That's all that's on the tractor, and neither showed the zerks for the FEL or backhoe, as those would be in their own manuals. I think the Autoconnect PTO shaft may be in the mower owners manual, but not 100%. Didn't check.

A tip what I did: I wrote with a Sharpie on the backhoe and one of the loader masts the number of zerks. 12 for the loader, 15 for the BH. When I grease them, I count how many I hit. The tractor I just remember the main, MFWD, & the steering cylinder, 2 each. 3 for the Autoconnect.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yeah you'd think that this sort of thing would exist and I'm surprised no one has ever developed a chart illustrating all of the zerk locatikons. Heck, a laminated chart outlining this would be marketable. I do understand that once you've done it a dozen times, you probably don't need a chart. But for newbies...

·
Premium Member
15,967 Posts
Yeah you'd think that this sort of thing would exist and I'm surprised no one has ever developed a chart illustrating all of the zerk locatikons. Heck, a laminated chart outlining this would be marketable. I do understand that once you've done it a dozen times, you probably don't need a chart. But for newbies...
With the direction JD is taking, a chart is becoming unnecessary as with each new serial number range they eliminate more and more grease zerks. I think the 1-series is now down to just the grease fittings on the two drive shafts.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Unless you have a TLB which means that you have about 25 fittings!

Searching for zerks is a good way to get to know your machine.

it'd be nice if Deere would put a simple lube chart under the hood.

Years ago the Toy pickups used to put the lube chart up on the sunvisor up where the federally mandated airbag garbage goes now.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
The 2038R does have a chart under the hood showing the grease fittings and jack stand points. Of course there are only about 4-6 zerks on it.

Reactions: Rule292 and kylew

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
When I went to find all the lube points on my 2018 Gen II 2032R I was getting confused by the OM supplied with the tractor when I bought it new. The pdf on the JD site looks a lot closer to the one I got. I think the paper one I got published in 2017 and was for a Gen I. Never having seen a Gen I in person I can't be too sure.

It kept telling me to use Super Lube but not what kind nor exactly where. Even the techs at the local office were a bit confused when I asked them about it. They did find a JD branded spray and a grease cartridge with Super Lube on the label, along with a lot of other things. They didn't have the spray in stock and suggested several other things.

·
Registered
111 Posts
You know, about that super lube reference: it's made regarding lubing the four-way bucket control under the protective rubber housing. But you're completely right, no reference to which super lube spray (there are two: dry lube and not dry lube) that they're instructing us to use.

I suspect it's the dry lube but don't know.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
You know, about that super lube reference: it's made regarding lubing the four-way bucket control under the protective rubber housing. But you're completely right, no reference to which super lube spray (there are two: dry lube and not dry lube) that they're instructing us to use.

I suspect it's the dry lube but don't know.
I did a little poking about and the Super Lube PTFE multipurpose sounds pretty good. Even marked food safe if you're inclined that way. Of course can't find it locally so did the Amazon thing last night. I already have an interesting assortment of lube and glue, some pretty old. I still have a tube of Duco cement and may even have some of the old plastic model glue that melted the plastic together. That went away when kids started sniffing it on purpose, a long time ago.

Reactions: wildbranch2007

·
Premium Member
15,967 Posts
I did a little poking about and the Super Lube PTFE multipurpose sounds pretty good. Even marked food safe if you're inclined that way. Of course can't find it locally so did the Amazon thing last night. I already have an interesting assortment of lube and glue, some pretty old. I still have a tube of Duco cement and may even have some of the old plastic model glue that melted the plastic together. That went away when kids started sniffing it on purpose, a long time ago.
JD's arbitrary mention of "Super Lube" in some of the Operator's Manuals is probably one of the most confusing and misunderstood things they have ever done. Most dealers don't even know what it is. :) There are JD branded "Super Lube" products along with many other "Super Lube" products.

·
Premium Member
6,145 Posts
I superlube everything that moves and doesn’t have a zerk.

·
Registered
838 Posts
The 2038R does have a chart under the hood showing the grease fittings and jack stand points. Of course there are only about 4-6 zerks on it.
My x738 has the maintenance service intervals on a sticker under the hood. I guess there are too many zerks to list on a diagram there. I'll see tomorrow when the new tractor arrives what it has under the hood. The dealer did show me how to use the key tip to open the "new" hood latch during the walk around yesterday.

I wonder if I have to use the jacking pucks from my Corvette with the 1025? :D

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I superlube everything that moves and doesn’t have a zerk.
I assume you mean you spray everything with the multipurpose PTFE that you don't use the grease gun on. The description of it's properties sounds useful though.
Super Lube is a brand, not a particular type of lubricant. When JD uses it on their product or in their documents they add the circled R to show registered trademark. You can see the dot on the cans above in jgayman's pictures.
When I bought my tractor and before it was delivered I asked them what grease to use. They pointed out their JD brand Multipurpose Lithium Grease as best, so I bought a case. No mention of a spray lube then.

·
Premium Member
6,145 Posts
I assume you mean you spray everything with the multipurpose PTFE that you don't use the grease gun on. The description of it's properties sounds useful though.
Super Lube is a brand, not a particular type of lubricant. When JD uses it on their product or in their documents they add the circled R to show registered trademark. You can see the dot on the cans above in jgayman's pictures.
When I bought my tractor and before it was delivered I asked them what grease to use. They pointed out their JD brand Multipurpose Lithium Grease as best, so I bought a case. No mention of a spray lube then.
The green and yellow can. Works great on everything from the deck linkage to the imatch and 3PH arms to the steering column

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
The green and yellow can. Works great on everything from the deck linkage to the imatch and 3PH arms to the steering column
That's the PTFE. I ordered two 11oz cans on Amazon last night for $14.02. That includes the local tax. I must be using Amazon more, prime is actually paying for itself at this point. What does JD charge you for a can?

·
Premium Member
6,145 Posts
That's the PTFE. I ordered two 11oz cans on Amazon last night for $14.02. That includes the local tax. I must be using Amazon more, prime is actually paying for itself at this point. What does JD charge you for a can?
I don’t recall. Around 13 at the dealership. I always walk outta there with some bar oil, rattle can paint, and some superlube. Got 3 or so cans. Definitely keeps the squeaks and the wear down. Works great on the MMM height adjuster upside down circular stair doohickey un

Reactions: Rule292

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,495 Posts
Reactions: Kbar

·
Premium Member
1,360 Posts
Dug around and found my can of dry film...just what I need for the sticking seat track.👍

Reactions: Kbar
1 - 20 of 23 Posts