Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2021 1025R
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every day is an adventure in learning with the new tractor. Today’s lesson: don’t hang up my Lube Shuttle gun. Went to use my recently loaded gun for the first time today only to find the tube was completely empty. Only after several minutes of closely inspecting the gun (I am embarrassed to admit) did I look down to discover its contents on the floor. When we stop learning we stop living…
Amber Tints and shades Artifact Metal Gas

Wood Shelf Shelving Electrical wiring Machine

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
What do you think happened?

·
Registered
2021 1025R
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really sure. The Lube Shuttle was assembled & loaded as instructed by the manufacturer, however I did not use it right away. ..and all of the fittings were snug. Perhaps the Lube Shuttle is not able to maintain a seal over multiple weeks. Regardless, I will be storing the Lube Shuttle and the cartridges separately going forward.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Every day is an adventure in learning with the new tractor. Today’s lesson: don’t hang up my Lube Shuttle gun. Went to use my recently loaded gun for the first time today only to find the tube was completely empty. Only after several minutes of closely inspecting the gun (I am embarrassed to admit) did I look down to discover its contents on the floor. When we stop learning we stop living… View attachment 819470
View attachment 819469
Got kids (or grandkids) around? ...there's no way that grease siphoned out all by itself.

Reactions: Tractor Tim

·
Registered
353 Posts
Mine is hung exactly the same way. Doesn't lose any grease. Strange situation. Maybe contact Lube Shuttle.

Reactions: Jonsnic

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Even if the tube was letting air in at the top it seems grease would be viscous enough (at room temp) that gravity can't pull it out the bottom. Or was it over a heat source? The only other thing, and I'm grasping at straws, is if there was a really big air pocket in the tube....it expands with heat in the room and pushes the stopper & some grease out the bottom 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
116 Posts
I store mine the same way you do. It has never dropped any grease on floor. ???

2032r gen1

Reactions: Jonsnic

·
Registered
2021 1025R
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Even if the tube was letting air in at the top it seems grease would be viscous enough (at room temp) that gravity can't pull it out the bottom. Or was it over a heat source? The only other thing, and I'm grasping at straws, is if there was a really big air pocket in the tube....it expands with heat in the room and pushes the stopper & some grease out the bottom 🤷‍♂️
The barn where we keep everything is only heated to 50° (or 60° if I am working on something) and the heat source is 25’ away. Must’ve been an issue with the tube as has been suggested.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just got one of these from my kids for Christmas. Can't wait to try it out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.