Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well lucky me, took a shoot of bamboo through the front grill screen on the 4066R. Can anyone confirm that LVU 30878 is the correct number? Assuming it is screwed in and fitted into the frame? Looks like a pain to replace. Deere didn't have it instock. Had to order the last one from a dealer in Alabama.

Edit- found a parts lookup, think its the right one.

Reactions: JDLTG

·
Premium Member
3,472 Posts
That’s the same part number I ordered to replace mine last spring. It wasnt bad to replace and probably would have been easier if I removed the headlights. But I worked it in around them and just started the screws to hold everything in place before tightening them up. At least you only damaged your screen. The limb that went through my screen also got the radiator. Thankfully it missed the hydrocooler. I ended up fabricating a plate to bolt to the front of the brush guard when I’m grappling heavy limb loads. The thread below details my repair.

Reactions: Arsenix2001

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s the same part number I ordered to replace mine last spring. It wasnt bad to replace and probably would have been easier if I removed the headlights. But I worked it in around them and just started the screws to hold everything in place before tightening them up. At least you only damaged your screen. The limb that went through my screen also got the radiator. Thankfully it missed the hydrocooler. I ended up fabricating a plate to bolt to the front of the brush guard when I’m grappling heavy limb loads. The thread below details my repair.

Good to know. Thanks for the link. Dealer supposed to ship a new screen out monday.

Reactions: JDLTG

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
Bamboozeled....seems to be an epidemic lately.

I hate the stuff from my early years in HI.

Dad loved chopping it down & I got to clean up the itchy scratitchy mess...Devil Weed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.