Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!
I've had this snow blower (model M02462X06...) for 5 years now and still have never found out what the Sway bar? thingy is on the blower.... Anyone know what it attaches too or if I need a special bracket for it that bolts to the frame? If so can you point me to the part I need?

See arrow in attached photo....
Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,107 Posts
Do have a better pic of this that shows it in daylight?

JDParts doesn't show anything mounted in that position for your blower.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sorry didn't really have any other photos... I just had to photochop them out of a video. See below.... Maybe it could be for a different tractor?? I bought the thrower used. The thrower is a little bouncy sometimes in uneven terrain.. so maybe it could help stabilize it if I could find the right bracket to fit..

In the photos I have the bar pointing straight up... however it angles down parallel to the plow face right across the front of the tractor.

Attachments

·
Registered
667 Posts
I don't have this setup any more and it is an older blower on a newer LX279. The rod goes into a hole in the frame and is held in place with a clip.

Doug

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response.. Hmmm when I lay the rod down across the front of the tractor it just sits in limbo. No holes for it to go in. It doesnt seem to line up to anything. Any chance you have a picture? Or anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is a bracket that attaches to the front corner of frame that the rod attaches to. The rod lays across the front end of tractor essentially. Front right corner of tractor if u r looking at the front end.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
There is a bracket that attaches to the front corner of frame that the rod attaches to. The rod lays across the front end of tractor essentially. Front right corner of tractor if u r looking at the front end.
If you don't have the bracket look up part number M96016 in John Deere parts.

·
Registered
667 Posts
If this link works check out step 20.
Installing

Doug

1 - 8 of 8 Posts