Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some time ago the drag link on my LX176 broke, and I replaced it but pretty much "eyeballed" the deck level, as I didn't have the blade height tool at the time.

I've since got the measurement gauge, and so I decided to re-level the deck "the right way" this weekend, but trying to figure something out..

Following the instructions in the manual it looked like you would level the deck left to right first, so I did that and got both sides right at 2", perfect.

Then I measured fore-aft, and the deck was canted the wrong way (front was higher), so I loosened up the drag link. On the right side, I was able to get it perfect fore-aft, but on the left side the drag link went loose and I still had the deck higher in front. (note: I DID move the antiscalp wheels out of the way so it wouldn't rest on those).

I guess I could raise the rear of the deck on that side, but then would be back out of sync side to side.

So what's the best method to get everything sorted out perfectly?

One thing I didn't check that I guess I should is to make sure the blade itself isn't bent that much, but they're just back from a fresh sharpen and balance so I wouldn't think so.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Before you go crazy making adjustments make sure all the tire pressures are where they need to be,one or two soft tires will throw things off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts