Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All -

I bought an Agri-Fab Mow-n-Vac for use with my LX-188 lawn tractor. It has a 48" deck. The universal, cut-to-fit deck chute that came with the lawn vac is not going to fit without cutting off some sort of tab sticking out of the deck. I can only imagine that it's to keep junk from blasting the back wheel. Does anyone know for sure what it is and what the consequences might be of cutting it off?

JD Deck Protrusion.jpg

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hi All -

I bought an Agri-Fab Mow-n-Vac for use with my LX-188 lawn tractor. It has a 48" deck. The universal, cut-to-fit deck chute that came with the lawn vac is not going to fit without cutting off some sort of tab sticking out of the deck. I can only imagine that it's to keep junk from blasting the back wheel. Does anyone know for sure what it is and what the consequences might be of cutting it off?

View attachment 677104
Turbojimmy,

Not sure what that is sticking out there - I know my 1992 LX-188 does not have it. Mine just comes down straight in the back. I’ll get a picture tomorrow and will post it for you.

Jeff

·
Registered
365 Posts
Turbojimmy,

Not the best picture, but I think you can see how my deck is different from yours. If you want, i’ll pull it out of the building and grab a straight on shot tomorrow.

This picture may need to be rotated 90 degrees to the right.

Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turbojimmy,

Not the best picture, but I think you can see how my deck is different from yours. If you want, i’ll pull it out of the building and grab a straight on shot tomorrow.

This picture may need to be rotated 90 degrees to the right.

Jeff
Thanks for the pic. If I tilt my head to the left, I can see what you mean :)

My deck appears to be identical except for that tab. I cut it off and installed the chute. The manufacturer's instructions say to install the chute 1/2" from the front of the deck opening but that's simply not possible because it would interfere with the rear wheel. So the chute is right next to the front wheel, but not touching by about 1/4". I made it work and it works really well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts