Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My LX277 will start and run when cold only if I keep the ignition key from returning all the way from the start position to the run position. It dies if I release the key to completely to the run position. As long as I hold it, it continues to run. After several attempts to keep it running it then continues to run as normal with no more issues until it sits for a day or more.
Any suggestions as to cause will be appreciated.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I'm sorry that I have no answers to your problem, but wanted to say...

:wgtt:

We have a lot of members with knowledge of the L&G tractors, and I'd bet one of them can help you! :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
My LX277 will start and run when cold only if I keep the ignition key from returning all the way from the start position to the run position. It dies if I release the key to completely to the run position. As long as I hold it, it continues to run. After several attempts to keep it running it then continues to run as normal with no more issues until it sits for a day or more.
Any suggestions as to cause will be appreciated.
It could be as simple as a worn ignition switch. Could be a faulty terminal connector, or..........I would NOT keep holding that ignition key in as you stated. You could be frying something in an already failing ignition circuit. Time to get out the multi meter & start looking for the problem. Without testing your not going to find it. I did have somewhere the procedure to test ignition switches, but can't find it at the moment. I'm sure another member will come along soon with the information you need. Good Luck-Maddog
:empathy3:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
What Maddog said!!!^^^ Sounds just like a new switch is in order.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts