Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I was at my mom's for Easter yesterday and pulled her LX277 (purchased used 18 months ago from my neighbor) out of the garage to give it a once over. Everything looked good. It started great sounded good. I drove it to a spot on the yard, lowered the deck and pulled the PTO switch, almost nothing. I attempted a couple more times and I could hear the PTO attempt to kick on but the belt wouldn't move. I raised the deck all the way and pulled the switch and the blades moved just fine. As soon as I lowered the the deck the blades slowed way down, but didn't stop. If I raised the deck again the blades sped back up. I shut the whole thing down and attempted to spin the blades by and and they would turn, not easily, but they would turn. Here's what I'm thinking:

1. something is out of alignment and causing too much friction so the belt slips on the PTO.
2. the PTO is getting weak current/voltage so can't kick on under increased load (related to problem above?).
3. The PTO is bad in some other way and needs to be replaced.

Has anyone else run into a similar problem, and if so, how did you fix it?

Thanks,

Al

Registered
Sounds more like a strechted belt to me rather than a pto problem. 馃憤馃徎 hopefully that's all it is

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I'll take a look at the belt, but it was a new belt last year so it is likely to be something more serious, unfortunately.

Registered
Make sure the drive belt tensioner lever is still locked in position. The check the tension on the blade to blade belt. A spring may have broken or the tensioning arm is stuck in place.
Probably not terribly serious.

tommyhawk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.