Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First if I am posting this in the wrong place let me know. That being said I am posting here because they will need to be restored/repaired and they are to be used on my Deere two cylinders.

So I was approached at work and was asked if I had any interest in some M&W dynos. I told the boss that sure I am. He said that he was going through his late brother's estate and the were 4 or 5 of them. I replied with give me a price. We settled on 500 cash for the lot of them. I am hoping to make at least one good one out of the lot for myself, and sell the rest. I have seen them sell more than once for 1000-1500 inoperable. Does any one have any leads for these dynos as far as manuals, or repair info/parts. Please help me out if you can. I think it would be a great tool for engine break in or tuning for tractor pulling with my antiques.

·
Registered
465 Posts
First if I am posting this in the wrong place let me know. That being said I am posting here because they will need to be restored/repaired and they are to be used on my Deere two cylinders.

So I was approached at work and was asked if I had any interest in some M&W dynos. I told the boss that sure I am. He said that he was going through his late brother's estate and the were 4 or 5 of them. I replied with give me a price. We settled on 500 cash for the lot of them. I am hoping to make at least one good one out of the lot for myself, and sell the rest. I have seen them sell more than once for 1000-1500 inoperable. Does any one have any leads for these dynos as far as manuals, or repair info/parts. Please help me out if you can. I think it would be a great tool for engine break in or tuning for tractor pulling with my antiques.

I would say you just made a huge score. I’ve been around a few of these. Are they the smaller ones or the larger size? Can’t wait for pictures

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Once I have a place for them to settle I will deffinatly get some pictures and model information. I have heard in the past that there is a guy in Iowa that still handles parts for these dynos but I don't know for sure. From what I have read they must be fairly simple. A friend of mine suggested once operational, take one to the county fairs and charge a small hook up fee for anyone that wants to see what the tractor is putting down for a number. If I am confident that the read out is accurate I may do so, but how do you know the accuracy of the dyno is good?

·
Registered
2,366 Posts

Interested in helping TTWT get one working? We could really use one for our testing!

Tim

·
Premium Member
10,339 Posts
If I am confident that the read out is accurate I may do so, but how do you know the accuracy of the dyno is good?
Well if you go to the fair I hope it reads on the high side. Guys will come back twice then!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I showed up to work this morning and they were all sitting on a trailer. The guy apologized and said he thought he had the count right but there were only 3 of them. One smaller one he said is supposed to work or at least it did 2 years ago. The other 2 are p2000 models that should measure up to 450 hp. I will post some pics coming up. Anyway he offered to give me some money back since his count was wrong and I told him not to worry about since the one is supposed to work and looks like it could be operational... to be continued.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The smaller one will do me just fine for my antique deere and with the limited space I have at home. I am hoping to make a usable unit out of the p2000.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.