Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever replace a battery in a MacBook Pro? My 15in MacBook is now about 5 years old and I think it has been on all of that time. I'm looking to replace the battery and I do not want to spend the premium for an actual mac battery, any suggestions on after market?

·
Registered
716 Posts
I went through this dilema with my wife's MB Pro. They will provide the battery and install for $120 at the Apple store. I shopped around for alternatives and did find some, but the savings was not enough to make me comfortable with the risk. We broke down and went to the store to spend the $120 and the technician talked us out of it. Our main reason for replacing was that it was reporting an alarm. Battery life is down to 30-45 minutes. But, the laptop was only being moved from the study to the family room. He suggested buying a 2nd power supply (I think it was still $70) and getting the advantage of having a power supply in both locations. We went with his suggestion.

Lee

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the old style MBP so the battery just comes out of the bottom. The Apple battery is still about $120 but batteries start as low $30. I just don't know what to trust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts