Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the New Grill I made bolted back on today after the test fit and did not scratch it up to much in the process. The paint is John Deere Green, matched good. It is good paint and covers well so a good cost trade off. It will do the job I needed it for to protect the front end of the tractors Hood, Screened Intake for the Engine and Lights from things that poke. The Grill part is Aluminum Flat Expanded Sheet Metal and replaceable. Intended it that way the sheet is cheap and only bolted in. The New Grill is under Tension when bolted on so it form fits and is a tight fitting screen. No welding for this project. 100_1188.jpg 100_1187.jpg 100_1189.jpg 100_1184.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,884 Posts
Got the New Grill I made bolted back on today after the test fit and did not scratch it up to much in the process. The paint is John Deere Green, matched good. It is good paint and covers well so a good cost trade off. It will do the job I needed it for to protect the front end of the tractors Hood, Screened Intake for the Engine and Lights from things that poke. The Grill part is Aluminum Flat Expanded Sheet Metal and replaceable. Intended it that way the sheet is cheap and only bolted in. The New Grill is under Tension when bolted on so it form fits and is a tight fitting screen. No welding for this project.
I like it, simply yet functional :good2:

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
looks Great :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
12,884 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the good comments! I was looking at the exposed sides thinking they need covering then I found a Dent in the Screen at the top on this side. Reached in and popped it out easy enough but it could have been another hole. So I fixed it and going to make "heavy duty side screen's" for it to bolt onto the inside mounting bolts. Just need to make 4 longer to do this. I will make them out of all steel because I want to weld the expanded on the back of the mounting hardware. Do not want to modifie the tractor just bolt on stuff only. These will be easy to make and just paint them all black. My Roll Bar Lights put out more then the Head Lights do so the new screen is not a problem and raising the bucket is covered both ways by lights. Might show up in the picture I took before? I can see it right at the edge of the clear housing curve it is darker looking about 1 1/2" across. But this is the Screen I want to protect better. 100_1184.jpg I have a section of steel tube I want to cut to length to cover around the plastic bottom on the Fuel Filter and valve. It will just be a ring of open bottom steel and bolted to the same mount using a tab welded to the steel tube top.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
10,716 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,990 Posts
I'm waiting for the armor and a gun turret. Seriously thou I like the bellypan and grill guard. Kudos to you for painting them, it looks nice.
Agreed. Beat me to it. Another great job :good2:

·
Premium Member
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No Gun Turrent but the Grill is Finished with Sides added.

Finished and bolted on the Side Panels I welded up. This should take care of the nose Screen getting messed up any more. The original JD Black Intake Screen is so soft it won't take any abuse. I know what Cow Noses can do when a Bale of Hay is up in the air while I am in the pasture. If the tractor is ever sold they unbolt or could stay with the tractor. I don't have to worry I ain't selling it! 100_1198.jpg 100_1200.jpg Positive point the Nose still looks good later on.

·
Premium Member
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Left out a important part. I put a Bolt on Rubber Bumper on the expanded steel to space the metal from the plastic hood. It keeps the gap right at 7/8"away from the hood even if hit. Did not want it rubbing the finish off. Worked on a old Billy goat house they tore up over the years today. Nothing exciting to say the least. Did use the tractor to lift it up for the new 4x8" treated skids and it carried the wood to the site in the bucket..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts