Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the X590, but I never liked the seat. So I fixed it.

The problem was that it was tilted forward too much. It wasn't comfortable and I always felt like I was sliding down and out of the seat, especially going downhill. I'm not exactly small (230lbs), so this seemed like a very dumb seat design to me. I could kinda/sorta fix it by moving the springs all the way forward, but then the tractor became a pogo stick.

I went to visit my dealer to try different seats, but they were all the same. I mentioned cutting the springs in half to change the seat angle, and he suggested using the rubber springs from an E series tractor. We borrowed a set from a 1023E that was sitting on the lot, and it completely fixed the problem. Huge difference! Feels like a completely different machine. It's actually really comfortable now, despite the stiffer springs.

012.jpg

This is the difference in spring height:

013.jpg

This is the difference in the angle of the seat.

BEFORE:

015.jpg

AFTER:

017.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
At 230lbs I would recommend a set of springs from Kens Bolt on Hooks. I have a new 2018 1025R coming and already have a set for it. good luck

·
Registered
85 Posts
I love the X590, but I never liked the seat. So I fixed it.

The problem was that it was tilted forward too much. It wasn't comfortable and I always felt like I was sliding down and out of the seat, especially going downhill. I'm not exactly small (230lbs), so this seemed like a very dumb seat design to me. I could kinda/sorta fix it by moving the springs all the way forward, but then the tractor became a pogo stick.

I went to visit my dealer to try different seats, but they were all the same. I mentioned cutting the springs in half to change the seat angle, and he suggested using the rubber springs from an E series tractor. We borrowed a set from a 1023E that was sitting on the lot, and it completely fixed the problem. Huge difference! Feels like a completely different machine. It's actually really comfortable now, despite the stiffer springs.

View attachment 635414

This is the difference in spring height:

View attachment 635416

This is the difference in the angle of the seat.

BEFORE:

View attachment 635418

AFTER:

View attachment 635420
You wouldn't happen to have the part number would you? I'm not too crazy about the straight back seat either.

·
Administrator
17,301 Posts
Here are the part numbers....yes I've done some research :lolol:

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,301 Posts
At 230lbs I would recommend a set of springs from Kens Bolt on Hooks. I have a new 2018 1025R coming and already have a set for it. good luck
Thanks for the mention, but ours won't fit this application.

·
Premium Member
10,990 Posts
This is the first time I've ever seen anyone install those rubber pucks to make the seat more comfortable. Those are the "springs" used on the older 2-series tractors and they are hard as a rock with no give at all.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is the first time I've ever seen anyone install those rubber pucks to make the seat more comfortable. Those are the "springs" used on the older 2-series tractors and they are hard as a rock with no give at all.
Yes, I am aware of the irony. :)

And yet...this makes it soooo much better. But it's all because of the seat angle. These make the ride stiffer, but that's okay. The X500 series are bouncy as hell to begin with, and the pivoting seat design can't match the symmetrical suspension platforms on the 1 series, X700 series and other tractors. These don't really noticeably change the suck factor in that respect, so it's a net positive...very positive.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are the part numbers....yes I've done some research :lolol:
Thanks Ken!

Also, I do have your springs for my 1025R (and your hooks, and your diff lock pedal) but I took them off (just the springs...the other stuff I can't live without). At 230lbs, I think I'm actually too light for them. They raised the ride height and made the seat less bouncy, which made it less comfortable. They did stop the bottoming out, but the occasional bottom out is worth the softer ride. It would be great if you would make springs that are slightly stiffer than stock but not as stiff as these.

Also, replacement "lowering" springs for the X500 series would be amazing. Then I could have the better angle and the softer ride!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts