Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2018 1025r
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any try putting the mag wheels and tires from a X758 on a 1025r yet?
Those things look very nice on the tractors.
I took my son to pick up a new X370 and spotted a X758 on the showroom floor and couldn’t help but wonder if the wheels would fit my tractor.
not really willing to trade in my 1025r to have the sexy looking mower,but would love to have those wheels and tires.
im sorta needing to get rid of the r4 tires and find some a little more friendly to the lawn.
Thanks in advance for any info
Ed

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,865 Posts
I looked into putting those on the 1025r and only didn't, because I couldn't find a set and didn't want to pay the retail price for a set of new wheels. If I recall, it seems like the 4 wheels alone were just under $900. Also, make sure to watch the serial number range on the parts catalog offerings as there are different versions of those wheels based upon the build date of the x758 / x759.

I also think there was a question about the offset on the rears, but running wheel spacers the wheels would be helped with the additional distance of spacing. It's been awhile now since I went through that exercise.

Here's the thread with part numbers. etc.

Reactions: ClydeLogan

·
Registered
2018 1025r
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked into putting those on the 1025r and only didn't, because I couldn't find a set and didn't want to pay the retail price for a set of new wheels. If I recall, it seems like the 4 wheels alone were just under $900. Also, make sure to watch the serial number range on the parts catalog offerings as there are different versions of those wheels based upon the build date of the x758 / x759.

I also think there was a question about the offset on the rears, but running wheel spacers the wheels would be helped with the additional distance of spacing. It's been awhile now since I went through that exercise.

Here's the thread with part numbers. etc.

Yeah thanks Sulley,I was aware of the different offsets and hoped someone overcome it all and steps in a tells the story.
I have been watching in the background and decide to join today so I could post and see if someone did it yet.
Very pricey going thru Deere dealers for sure.!!
Thanks again
Ed

·
Registered
2018 1025r
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
:(Well I ordered the Versa tires and wheels through JD parts. BXX10270 &10271 part numbers.
Fronts in stock, back wheels and tires, no idea when they will ship.
So now I wait.!!

Oh,and I will sell the R-4s when the new arrive. Tractor is a 2018 1025r with a little over 110 hrs so tires are like new. I’ll make someone a good deal on them for sure.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Any try putting the mag wheels and tires from a X758 on a 1025r yet?
Those things look very nice on the tractors.
I took my son to pick up a new X370 and spotted a X758 on the showroom floor and couldn’t help but wonder if the wheels would fit my tractor.
not really willing to trade in my 1025r to have the sexy looking mower,but would love to have those wheels and tires.
im sorta needing to get rid of the r4 tires and find some a little more friendly to the lawn.
Thanks in advance for any info
Ed
If you actually use your 1025R for what it was intended, those aluminum wheels will get beat up, and may not withstand the use. Think about it, the vast majority of X7's get used as fancy riding mowers. Now, maybe, the older X7 SE wheel might work, it has a spoked design and is all steel, and the same dimensions as the 1025 wheels and would be much less expensive. These were on my 2008 X748:
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tractor

Reactions: trav

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
I agree with Khodges. I owned an X738 with the mags on it, but I would never do what I've done with my 1023e if I had mags on it. Just a waste of money IMO.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I wouldn't put AL wheels on a utility tractor unless all it's used for is mowing. A garden tractor is just a beefy riding mower, you're not likely to beat the crap out of those wheels with one. But a utility tractor? There's a reason all utility tractors only come with steel or cast iron wheels. With hundred of pounds on the 3 point and loader those lightweight wheels just might call it quits at the wrong moment! :oops:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.